Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roflkong

10-02-2012

Just got my first honor point. I'm so honored.

shadetee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmer007 View Post
You might aswell remove the Helpful Option. You try to teach players that are bad and they think they are godlike and won't even listen to your tips. For instance they are feeding kills 5 mins into the game and you tell them to stop feeding and their response is something like "stfu noob i am 2/2/2 while ur 0/0/0". Even though his CS Score is **** while i am leading in CS for both teams.
"Stop feeding" is not being helpful. You remind them that you lose opportunity for both gold and xp while dead. And that 15 CS is worth about as much as a kill. Maybe provide some item or play suggestions on how to stay alive better... That is being helpful. And yes, you need to offer it in a non-condescending manner or you are unlikely to be heard and honored.

Firellius

10-02-2012

Lyte, again, what about Proving Grounds players?

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

i love this idea! even if you have people acting fake nice at least they are being nice at all
once in a while i get amazing team mates with no way to give them a reward for not being horrible, so i'm glad this is here.

Ghan04

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
Lyte, again, what about Proving Grounds players?
From what I've heard, it sounds like custom games will not be part of the Honor system for now in Phase 1. It's possible that they may be included in the future, but that is uncertain at best and I would not count on it.

LOKI20

10-02-2012

This is such a good idea i've been waiting for this for awhile awesome job riot!

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-02-2012
37 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigggy View Post
I cannot honor an opponent for being graceful in defeat when that option is only available when i lose.
You can Honor enemies as Honorable Opponents even if you win.

Lyte

10-02-2012
38 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epok2 View Post
Hey Lyte,
I wanted to know why you created as many as 4 sections for the honor system, couldn't you just reward people for "good behavior" ?
Is it a way to explain people what is a good behavior in lol ?
We're always thinking ahead. Features like the Tribunal and the Honor Initiative are always iterated on, so there are reasons why we chose 4 categories and not 1 or 10

Ghan04

10-02-2012

Lyte,
Any interesting statistics that you can share with us about the Honor initiative so far?

Lyte

10-02-2012
39 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmer007 View Post
You might aswell remove the Helpful Option. You try to teach players that are bad and they think they are godlike and won't even listen to your tips. For instance they are feeding kills 5 mins into the game and you tell them to stop feeding and their response is something like "stfu noob i am 2/2/2 while ur 0/0/0". Even though his CS Score is **** while i am leading in CS for both teams.
If a player retaliates and harasses you back, they aren't very Honorable players to begin with; however, we have noticed that it is very difficult to get Helpful Honors and will keep collecting data to see if we need to make tweaks.