Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rangerike1363

10-01-2012

It would also be nice if they included "honor" ratings in forming matches. That way once Honor is well in place (for level 30 summoners only and after a specific grace period) then matchmaking can bring together 5s who are going to try their best to be good teammates, friendly, and helpful so you get a team who even if they happen to have a bad match, you know from their similar to your own honor ratings and will always try their best.

I'm sure this would also almost completely eliminate reports from those matches. I mean, honestly if you earned a ton of honor for being a good teammate and friendly, you would never actually intentionally feed or afk without good cause (dcing doesn't count since it happens) so your teammates can't say this guy intentionally fed when he just had a bad game (not saying he/she wouldn't intentionally feed, but it's highly unlikely that they aren't a toxic player.) My point is this would bring players together who are going to always bring their best and build each other up. Games with a team full of people like that are the best (Even your enemies too). Even if you lose, those are the best games of my life and I am disappointed I lost but I still feel great and can play just as well or better the next game instead of being depressed because someone bashed me or an ally for making a few early mistakes.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
32 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynac View Post
I actually have a question about this. I know this might be a very specific situation, but I'm curious as to what the answer would be. Please note: I do not intend to do this as I don't want to farm honor, I'm just curious as to how the situation would be handled.

Say me and one of my friends decided that every game we go into, we would be the absolute nicest and helpful people we could be. Complimenting good plays, not getting mad over bad ones, helping teammates with whatever they need, staying positive through the game no matter what the situation was etc. Then, at the end of every game, my friend and I awarded each other honor.

Assuming that the described situation was true and we weren't lying (aka saying that we were being helpful but really just berating our team the entire game) how would that play out? After I while I assume the anti-honor trading system would kick in, but after investigation where you saw that we were indeed being awesome teammates every game, would we have our honor revoked?
If you were genuinely that awesome, then you would get to keep your Honor of course.

Pikachu

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If you were genuinely that awesome, then you would get to keep your Honor of course.
I can't find the honor button for lyte.

Just kidding good evening everyone xD ...I hate studying D:

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
33 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgTheSky View Post
Why allow premades to honor each other if you're going to punish them for it?
Premades aren't being punished for it. They are just encouraged to get most of their Honor from other sources.

Crazykazy16

10-01-2012

This may influence the players behavior in-game. I applaud you Riot, this is a great idea to improve the community

YoshioPeePee

10-01-2012

just got honored by someone today

feels good :3

Ryol

10-01-2012

People are becoming nice robots... all these generic nice remarks... Is no one human anymore? I also feel like being Shaco is pointless now... what's the point when I can't be sassy?

dirtysanchez1

10-01-2012

Hey, I just played with two players and wanted to honour each of them separately. I honoured the Teemo for teamwork but, before I could honour the Nautilus, he requested honour from our team. I didn't end up giving him honour because I was scared that the "system" would detect that we traded honour as he requested it before I gave it to him.

My question is, if I did give him honour for friendliness, would it have been detected as an illegal use of the honour system? I want to hand it out to people who deserve it but I don't want to get banned for handing out to people who, although I was intending to give it to, request it in post-game chat.

Sereg Anfaug

10-01-2012

Just want to say I approve of the system - my games today have been alot more pleasant then I'm used to, and I assume that's because people are on their best behaviour due to Honor.

While I'm not entirely sure that was the intent of the system(changing behaviour, I mean), it is welcome and appreciated.

YoshioPeePee

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryol View Post
People are becoming nice robots... all these generic nice remarks... Is no one human anymore? I also feel like being Shaco is pointless now... what's the point when I can't be sassy?
some people might honor you for being a sassy shaco as long as they take it as you being friendly and fun loving and funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************1 View Post
Hey, I just played with two players and wanted to honour each of them separately. I honoured the Teemo for teamwork but, before I could honour the Nautilus, he requested honour from our team. I didn't end up giving him honour because I was scared that the "system" would detect that we traded honour as he requested it before I gave it to him.

My question is, if I did give him honour for friendliness, would it have been detected as an illegal use of the honour system? I want to hand it out to people who deserve it but I don't want to get banned for handing out to people who, although I was intending to give it to, request it in post-game chat.
asking for others to honor you is tacky and suggests that the niceties he showed to you were fake

whether the rules allow you to or not don't honor people who ask you to do it because its just lame of them