Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inQuest

10-01-2012

I do not care the honor, I had fun playing, some playing me angry. Sometimes I pressed hard on the keys of the computer by emotion. Sometimes I reluctantly played by resignation. The honor is like a "like" on facebook, nothing changes.

Dragonsbaine

10-01-2012

nice... def happy to see this, its like a variation of what i suggested a few months ago.

xXHaltedXx

10-01-2012

Honestly I don't see anything good coming out of this. Every game I have played so far tonight has had trolls in it as usual. Why not just get tribunal cases together more frequently so we can combat these toxic players instead of allowing them to reward each other? I can't play a single match with my brother without people on my team yelling at him saying how bad he is. I get it, I'm level 30 and he's level 10ish so he gets stuck in high level queues with me but that doesn't give them the right to belittle someone just because they aren't "pro" like most people seem to think they are nowadays. I'll definitely use this system to only reward the decent players who are kind and try their best to help the team but what's stopping others from rewarding trolls?

Thunderfrog

10-01-2012

Why shouldn't Riot try hard to create this "Fantasy Community"?

I can promise you this, if it turns away all of the jerks I play with then good riddance. And to the concerns about this initiative turning away the top players? I doubt it. I don't see the top 1% being the financial cloud that supports Riot. That's more likely people like me, 700 ELO with money to burn who buy skins they like for champs they had 1 good game with. =)

Thunderfrog

10-01-2012

@ Halted,

I'm sorry youve had a rough night. Mines be greatly improved. It's creepy.

Rynac

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If your friends were truly exceptional in the game and made it a great experience for the pub players in your game, please Honor them.

If you queue up 100 games in a row with your friend and just give each other Honor all 100 games... you'll trigger the system to investigate both accounts and most likely lose all your Honor if you were found abusing Honor.
I actually have a question about this. I know this might be a very specific situation, but I'm curious as to what the answer would be. Please note: I do not intend to do this as I don't want to farm honor, I'm just curious as to how the situation would be handled.

Say me and one of my friends decided that every game we go into, we would be the absolute nicest and helpful people we could be. Complimenting good plays, not getting mad over bad ones, helping teammates with whatever they need, staying positive through the game no matter what the situation was etc. Then, at the end of every game, my friend and I awarded each other honor.

Assuming that the described situation was true and we weren't lying (aka saying that we were being helpful but really just berating our team the entire game) how would that play out? After I while I assume the anti-honor trading system would kick in, but after investigation where you saw that we were indeed being awesome teammates every game, would we have our honor revoked?

Tomin0us

10-01-2012

May I suggest a dishonor system? A system for players not quite so toxic that they deserve a report, but ones that just have no teamwork, aren't helpful, or sore losers/winners.

GodEmperorLetoII

10-01-2012

I proposed this forever ago :O

As long as you have a chance to dispute Tribunal claims (it's rare, but it does get things wrong) and get honor back and if you got something for honor would really help make it a better system.

IP would be nice, but doesn't have to be. Perhaps use it to help in match ups.

OmfgTheSky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Why allow premades to honor each other if you're going to punish them for it?

Finn the Human

10-01-2012

DISHONOR BUTTON WHERe?!