Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

This is great! I am looking forward to seeing how this kind of system pans out in the long run and how it can be tailored as it goes.
Nice work Riot

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
26 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatchcc View Post
I have played in 3 games since the Honor Initiative went live. In all three games multiple people have tried to 'trade' honor (generally referred to as 'thumbs' so far). I have respectfully told people it is reportable to engage in such activities. Of course the response to that statement has been 'report this guy' or other sarcasm about it being nice that someone follows the rules, etc. While I fully support this initiative, I have found that each game I have played has included at least one troll or players simply attempting to cheat the system to get honor.

@Lyte - I know you have stated there are fail-safes for this, but is there something that we as players can do? I don't want to continue telling people they shouldn't do it if I'm only going to be reported. In fact, shouldn't the opposite be true? By providing the requisite information about reportable offenses isn't that therefore honorable? I'm confused at the response by my fellow summoners and hopefully you can enlighten me on this. Thanks!
We're currently accepting reports using the "Spamming" category if you detect players trying to abuse Honor.

Lyte

10-01-2012
27 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDetenator View Post
The examples shows a summoner named "OldKodlak" is this a Skyrim reference? lol
It's a developer that used to be on Team Player Behavior that worked on Honor. We wanted to give him a Riot fistbump.

ESP

10-01-2012

I just played a game where our jungle Malphite was a very nice person and good teammate, and as I tend to be friendly toward everyone, after the match I received a friendly honor, and i sent one to him as well. Before the game I felt as though this might be very common and it happened my second match with the system. Can the system successfully know that we did not illegally trade honor if this sort of thing happens frequently?

Fomorian27

10-01-2012

What does it mean when you say currently? Is that to say this may change in the future? Or that the system will become good enough at detecting the spams that it won't be necessary?

Bellzelut

10-01-2012

Is it just me or is the faq part of the honor system announcement not working? I'm using IE9

Lyte

10-01-2012
28 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmeden View Post
I just played a game where our jungle Malphite was a very nice person and good teammate, and as I tend to be friendly toward everyone, after the match I received a friendly honor, and i sent one to him as well. Before the game I felt as though this might be very common and it happened my second match with the system. Can the system successfully know that we did not illegally trade honor if this sort of thing happens frequently?
The system can already detect patterns of trading versus just coincidental exchanges between positive players.

Burnie

10-01-2012

I swear, I feel like I'm going to get this very frequently. It's not an arrogance thing, it's just I think someone who plays as support main and generally tries to be positive is going to get a lot of grateful ad carries, lol.

Lyte

10-01-2012
29 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
What does it mean when you say currently? Is that to say this may change in the future? Or that the system will become good enough at detecting the spams that it won't be necessary?
We're going to keep iterating on the anti-abuse features in the Honor Initiative, so it's possible we may never need a report category in the future. However, if we do, we'll also possibly create a new Report category that's just for Honor Abuse. We'll look at the data and see how things unfold.

Lyte

10-01-2012
30 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellzelut View Post
Is it just me or is the faq part of the honor system announcement not working? I'm using IE9
We're working on some IE issues, but I believe Chrome/Firefox and an assortment of other browsers currently work for the FAQ section.