Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StormSpiritgg

10-01-2012

finally an incentive for this community to act somewhat nice, it still doesn't solve the problem with trolls and what not.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
25 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdragonale View Post
I have a question what happens if someone gets banned because the system picks up false abuse of the system? As well, will we get punished for not using the honor system?
Players will not be punished for not using the Honor Initiative.

Regarding false positives, we've built in a lot of failsafes so we should be able to handle them personally with our staff.

Scrappen

10-01-2012

people with better attitudes tend to coop better with the team so i think this system will be great for getting trolls out of the higher rankings

Piatchi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

@ Lyte

I have an issue with the "Teamwork" honor option.

It seems to me like most higher ELO teammates are going to be classified under this option.

Basically, isn't this a logical statement: "High ELO teammates generally communicate and cooperate very well"

Isn't a victory itself an incentive to communicate and cooperate, and generally the only true indicator of communication and teamwork?

Zheng

10-01-2012

idea for possible rewards in the future: more refund credits

Apollinarius

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Honor Initiative just banned 3 players for excessive abuse of the system. A piece of advice: Don't openly give your opponents wins by intentionally feeding for Honor.

That's just not Honorable.
That's epic. I mean seriously. "Will feed for honor." Fortunately I haven't seen any of those in my games today. If my games are any indication, most people haven't noticed.

VanillaCrunch

10-01-2012

Thanks! I hope people will NOT abuse this system. People who argue and troll just ruin games. But this game is VERY fun and is hard to ruin!

CowMeat

10-01-2012

Thank you Riot. I really think that his move will help the community!

Dreggon

10-01-2012

Lyte, I would like the following reward for Honor: If you have high honor, you are more likely to be matched up with/against other people who also have high honor, thereby reducing the number of toxic people in games with non-toxic people.

Cqss

10-01-2012

Thank you Riot! The honor system is a great tool that was MUCH needed. I hope this helps.
But either way, it can't hurt.