Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Konpaku Youmu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Honor Initiative just banned 3 players for excessive abuse of the system. A piece of advice: Don't openly give your opponents wins by intentionally feeding for Honor.
And dunked. Nice one Riot

Like 8000 Ninjas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I made this suggestion a few months back when the tribunal came out. good job riot, now there is a carrot to incentivize great team work than using a stick to punish the offenders. I notice that people are playing a lot nicer now too!

Wise Squirrel

10-01-2012

@Kat Sure would be nice to get a reward like you suggested. I have already farmed a whopping 2 total honor from an enemy and an ally in 3 games total. I can feel the burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchÝn View Post
What happens when I'm trying to be helpful (to gain honor) but the person/people I'm helping think I'm being a jerk and report me?
If this happens sufficiently you will be judged by the tribunal :<

It will be super scary, but you will be pardoned if you have not committed other offenses.

Ai shi teru

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Honor Initiative just banned 3 players for excessive abuse of the system. A piece of advice: Don't openly give your opponents wins by intentionally feeding for Honor.

That's just not Honorable.

Is it alright if I say this in game?:

Hey, I am a pretty nice guy, please give me honor

If you give me honor, you are a good opponent and i will give you honor too

Arch√łn

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Squirrel View Post
@Kat Sure would be nice to get a reward like you suggested. I have already farmed a whopping 2 total honor from an enemy and an ally in 3 games total. I can feel the burn.

If this happens sufficiently you will be judged by the tribunal :<

It will be super scary, but you will be pardoned if you have not committed other offenses.

In a perfect world yes. But its impossible to tell intent by text alone.

SchierkeWiking

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Is it alright if I say this in game?:

Hey, I am a pretty nice guy, please give me honor

If you give me honor, you are a good opponent and i will give you honor too
I don't think so... just be a positive player and let the honor come, if you ask for it then it's meaningless.

Ikimono

10-01-2012

Im glad this feature exists now. Im interested to see where it goes in the future (ip rewards or w/e)

Beaumains

10-01-2012

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but the relevant FAQ doesn't seem to be working properly; there are some good questions there that I'd like to see Riot's answers to, but trying to click on them does nothing.

Nomsumer

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankzalot View Post
What does this actually do for the community? You can give fake points to something does nothing? How does this help?
Read the whole article.

ShadowSketch

10-01-2012

This new system is a great idea. My games I've played today have been a lot nicer and everyone's been generally friendlier. Great move Riot! Only problem is, there's no real "carrot" on the stick. Honor points don't really do anything. I'd suggest that some form of reward, such as an IP multiplier for every honor received in the last, say, five games, be added to give people a reason to want these honor points. Without this kind of incentive, people will realise that honor is effectively pointless and will revert to their old ways.