Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Question, any plans of making this Honor system show negative numbers for people who are not honorable at all, you know what i mean.
Like reports would push honor to negative numbers.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I love this update and hate it (lol). I think I usually fill these roles in games (not to be narcissistic), so I hope it doesn't make me look like one of those people "trying to get points by being nice and having good sportsmanship".

Other than that small paradox I think it is a great initiative to reduce the toxicity in the community!

CorporateCommand

10-01-2012

For some reason when I use the word 'honorable' I have to say it in an accent...You know the one...Most honorable opponent!

Apollinarius

10-01-2012

Yay! It makes me want to play right now just so that I can hand out honor

I really like the system, because it gives a way of reprimanding players who are unhelpful and mean but don't really deserve a report. Just by withholding honor you're saying that you'd like them to be better in-game.

Hopefully a person who plays 10 games and notices that their honor hasn't increased at all in that time will look back at their behavior and try to find areas where their attitude was lacking.

Thanks Lyte I'd be lying if I said that the work Riot has done on improving player behavior isn't a big part of why I enjoy League so much. It's almost like we're all working together to make this a better community.

Dan Klein

10-01-2012

The reward of not being a toxic player is winning more games.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
3 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicApathy123 View Post
is it acceptable to always honor one (not the same) person after every game, unless nobody merits it? I'd like to reward the "best" person in every game.
You're probably fine. Just don't Honor a toxic player if he's somehow the 'best' in the game

Lucien37

10-01-2012

Awesome idea, any online game should have a system like this.

Creaper11

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The last one is Honorable Opponent and can only be given to enemies.
Every time I see Yi he's going to end up with that one simply because Katena is honourable.

I don't see him too often so it shouldn't be a problem as far as spamming it goes I hope xD

Also, just to clear up a thought I had, does this mean players with high honour will be matched with players who also have high honour?

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroti View Post
Question, any plans of making this Honor system show negative numbers for people who are not honorable at all, you know what i mean.
Like reports would push honor to negative numbers.
Everything I've read from Lyte indicates that Honor can be reset to 0 (either by abusing the system or by being punished in the Tribunal), but it can't go negative.

dckdstryr

10-01-2012

Got a teamwork honor point after last game... Is this even implemented yet? I don;t see an option to give people honor