Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dj Worth

10-01-2012

there should also be a dishonor option, that negatively effects "dishonorable" people, or say puts them in games with honorable people, so they can learn not to be jerks or whatever. otherwise people will honor each other to get rewards if rewards for honor develop. instead of giving people a reason to roll the system, give people a reason to not get rolled by the system in game. the tribunal can only do so much :P

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
23 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortilus View Post
Hello Lyte! I fully intend on using this system. However, I worry that I might end up being one of those players that DO run out of honor.

Obviously, I won't 'Honor' players who troll or are general jerks, but if a player plays well and is a positive player (that I can see) then I intend to 'Honor' them. This could be (as it was last game) 4 players on my team and 5 players on the other team. That's potentially 9 players worth 'Honor'ing every game.

My question is, "Is 'Honor'ing potentially 9 players every game abusing the Honor system? Should we only 'Honor' the "most-positive" player or is everyone in a game worthy of 'Honor', or should we 'honor' players that we would like to play with or against?"
Honoring 9 players every single game might flag the system to investigate your account. This is partially because we know what percentage of the population is toxic or neutral and soon we'll start having more metrics about what percentage of the population might be positive (needs to be validated of course!). For example, let's say the population averages for positive behavior is about 10%. If you reward 9 people every game... it's suspicious because the statistical probability of you always matching against Honorable players is very low.

VengeanceLX

10-01-2012

What are you going to do about famous people getting honour no matter what? e.g. dunkey or TheOddOne?
Because "In the future, we plan on experimenting with potential bonuses for the most Honorable summoners." I'm not trying to say they're bad but fans (which there are a lot of them) will give them honour no matter what they do.

OneVendetta

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Honoring 9 players every single game might flag the system to investigate your account. This is partially because we know what percentage of the population is toxic or neutral and soon we'll start having more metrics about what percentage of the population might be positive (needs to be validated of course!). For example, let's say the population averages for positive behavior is about 10%. If you reward 9 people every game... it's suspicious because the statistical probability of you always matching against Honorable players is very low.
would I get a honor point if I hug you :O (my hugs are fabulous)?

Whisla

10-01-2012

Hey lyte, what about the people that are now getting flamed for being nice as "Honor sucker" and other not so nice things? any thoughts on what could become of this?

Slimm Shaney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

gentlemen!

Juiceyninja

10-01-2012

Hey Lyte,

I am generally a very encouraging player and always try to motivate my team mates to win a game... but some times, I get trolls or people that really don't know how to play the champion they picked... I sometimes have fits of rage and say some bad things.

How will this affect my honor? Will having a negative attitude outweigh having a positive attitude? If so, why?

Sidney Carton

10-01-2012

I'm really glad Riot finally did this. Yesterday there was a group of 4 people on the opposing team in a game that were ganging up on this poor sona that was doing a good job of warding and keeping her team mates alive. (i know she warded cause i was jungling and had oracles). Throughout the whole game they were being huge jerks to her and blaming the loss on her. They were spamming report threats and calling her names. and she just ignored them and kept playing. She even threw out the GG at the end of the game, while everyone else threw out "BG Sona Throws" and "Fail sona, report". I've never seen someone take so much **** from their team and not rage quit. That sona deserved a reward.

SgtVagina

10-01-2012

the only reason that person is giving an honor is because they just won 42 - 22, bet you the other team didnt honor anybody

Snake XT

10-01-2012

I've made a thread but its amazing how new threads pop up and some never see the light of day. So anyway. How does this honor thing work? I would have thought it'd be something like giving a player review of how they do well in game and how they interact with other players. If said player has good reviews people will have a good game. If not can you skip the game you're about to have? Perhaps something like this in future.