Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stinkypete Magee

10-01-2012

Honor and Report systems. Finally yin meets yang
^^

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

honor system should also include and be gained by promoting a health forum community identifying helpful user posts on these forums

- recognized the active board member as helpful, friendly, and promoting team work, encouraging good game play and tips tricks ect.

mortilus

10-01-2012

Quote:
All summoners have a limited amount of Honor to hand out, which is replenished by finishing matchmade games. For the average, responsible user, you will probably never run out of Honor. However, players who spam or trade Honor will soon find themselves with nothing left in the bank to award.
Hello Lyte! I fully intend on using this system. However, I worry that I might end up being one of those players that DO run out of honor.

Obviously, I won't 'Honor' players who troll or are general jerks, but if a player plays well and is a positive player (that I can see) then I intend to 'Honor' them. This could be (as it was last game) 4 players on my team and 5 players on the other team. That's potentially 9 players worth 'Honor'ing every game.

My question is, "Is 'Honor'ing potentially 9 players every game abusing the Honor system? Should we only 'Honor' the "most-positive" player or is everyone in a game worthy of 'Honor', or should we 'honor' players that we would like to play with or against?"

Bachelord

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Honor? A fool's excuse for not doing what needs to be done - victory at all costs.
Embrace the heresy!

Dracorya

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortilus View Post
Hello Lyte! I fully intend on using this system. However, I worry that I might end up being one of those players that DO run out of honor.

Obviously, I won't 'Honor' players who troll or are general jerks, but if a player plays well and isn't a negative player (that I can see) then I intend to 'Honor' them. This could be (as it was last game) 4 players on my team and 5 players on the other team. That's potentially 9 players worth 'Honor'ing every game.

My question is, "Is 'Honor'ing potentially 9 players every game abusing the Honor system? Should we only 'Honor' the "most-positive" player or is everyone in a game worthy of 'Honor'?"
You need to be using it on people who are being exceptional. I had a teammate who made sure to communicate with us and tell us a plan about what to do next. I had another teammate who was there for fights and did pretty well but didn't say a peep during the whole game.

Take a gander at who got honor.

GGGVexcellent

10-01-2012

The point is; players that are simply kind will see incentive enough in a count of "upvotes", essentially, and continue or expand on it. They don't really need encouragement beyond that, and without "real" rewards, players won't feel much desire to try to exploit the system.

lol I died again

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexíngton View Post
The point is; players that are simply kind will see incentive enough in a count of "upvotes", essentially, and continue or expand on it.
I don't understand that logic whatsoever...
Quote:
and without "real" rewards, players won't feel much desire to try to exploit the system.
But this is very true.

mdiaz2828

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STbDdPPZ_QM
Honor related.

mortilus

10-01-2012

Quote:
The point is; players that are simply kind will see incentive enough in a count of "upvotes", essentially, and continue or expand on it. They don't really need encouragement beyond that, and without "real" rewards, players won't feel much desire to try to exploit the system.
Right, but is the point of the honor system to reward players you'd want to play with again? In which case, both of those players are 'Honor'able.

RestlessKnight51

10-01-2012

Hey, no one will probably notice this, but I was wondering if high honor will be/should be a factor in Tribunal reviews? Would high honor mitigate past unfavorable Tribunal reviews?