Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1davidj

10-01-2012

i love you lyte <3

thanks for trying so hard to make the community better. just played a game where i was really positive and helpful and i click home and boom, little notification saying "you got an honor for being friendly".

i was happy certainly a good morale booster for those who already try to be positive and never feel like they're getting anything in return.

CapTortuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Can we spect tohigh honor players be playing toghether and low honor players also... that way well behave players would have great game experiences and stay away from toxic players... that sound like a great reward for me.

onetimeshot

10-01-2012

I have some honor but what does it do? Is it just there for show as of right now?

Flagrock

10-01-2012

All I can say is Riot, great job. This system is very good. After every game I can now look if I did a good job upholding the Summoner's Code. It gives me an added goal to shoot for. I really love this system I love that I can now directly see if I am actually making other people's experiences good, and I can show others they are being awesome. Thank you Lyte and Riot. The best reward is knowing that you are being a positive influence. Much better than ELO or win count

EzrealTheSacred

10-01-2012

I was suprised to see this actually worked ..

fefddfef

10-01-2012

@Lyte
First of all thank you so much for this honor system, I can't express how thrilled I am about this.

So what are the chances of us receiving random nicknacks and doohickeys for our summoner profile (as a way to spend honor).
Would give further incentive to play nice, without making honor a carbon copy of IP/RP.
Such as an "Team Player" Summoner banner, or "Honorable Opponent" Summoner Icon. Or even just badges such as trophies on Reddit.

Glaxko

10-01-2012

One thing: When you get punished by the tribunal, your honor goes to zero. personally i think that goes against what the honor system ought to be about, and if you do implement bonuses for honor if they see all their effort to be a better player goes down the drain could that not discourage them from playing?

Versal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Mr. Lyte can i get a honorable opponent from you for getting first blood on you in that rank match when you were playing jarvan top :3 and i was jungle lee sin

PickleChutney

10-01-2012

Too funny all these kids 'acting' nice thinking they will be rewarded for it.

Once they realize its meaningless they will go right back to their natural state.

Honeymoon phase will be gone in a week. =/

1davidj

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefddfef View Post
@Lyte
What are the chances of us receiving random nicknacks and doohickeys for our summoner profile (as a way to spend honor).

Such as an "Team Player" Summoner banner, or "Honorable Opponent" Summoner Icon. Or even just badges such as trophies on Reddit.
honorable requote, especially since we still have no ways to customize our profiles or get any other icons (other than PFE).