Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falzarr2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

In concept it's a nice system, but In my personal opinion there is no point in implementing a system that does nothing other than add a UI element to the client that makes people feel good about themselves. If a feature gets added without having any defined purpose (other than letting someone know you liked them), then it should stay on the PBE until it HAS a defined purpose. The achievement button on the profile page is another example of this. It's a button that is not even clickable, yet is still there. One of the red posts even said that honor is (at this moment) being used to TEST if Riot can accurately judge who in the community is a positive member.

I'm not saying I dislike the idea, but I feel that there was no reason to add it to the real servers yet since it is still an incomplete feature. Once the Riot team figures out exactly what they want to do with the honor system, then they should start using it.

John: "Hey Steve, what's this thingy do?"
Steve: "I really don't know yet....but it looks good so I'm gunna use it anyway and figure out what it's for later."

That's kind of how I feel this feature works at it's current state of development.

CipherX

10-01-2012

Sounds like a blast, can't wait to use the new feature I love how Riot keeps adding things liek this to the game!

Zykiiel

10-01-2012

As long as this is used to pair honorable players with honorable players, I will be more than enthused to play ranked again =D

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

@Professor Doctor Lyte; I would just like to thank you for your efforts and your incredible tankiness, I have no !@#$ing idea how either you or Morello put up with this level of... ignorance from the community. Following your threads on the tribunal and honor initiative is tantamount to watching you willingly roll down a never-ending staircase, and I am filled with pride when I see each successive post you make never deteriorate into righteous fury. Riot is a blessed company to have employees like you.
Just don't forget to keep your chainmail boxers nice & shiny. The forums do not accommodate a rusty groin all to well.

<3

d4l3kcaan

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyWompers View Post
This only makes sense if you are going to use the honor points in the matchmaking algorithm.

Will highly honored players be more likely to be matched with highly honored players, or will the matchmaking system be blind to honor?

This would be a game changing move.

only in un-ranked. imagine the wait times for high honor / high elo. gaaaaawd.....

d4l3kcaan

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzarr2 View Post

I'm not saying I dislike the idea, but I feel that there was no reason to add it to the real servers yet since it is still an incomplete feature. Once the Riot team figures out exactly what they want to do with the honor system, then they should start using it.

i believe the idea is to test it for abuse, before rewards are implemented.

Superfrk

10-01-2012

Please Riot, I am sure this has been stated, but please please please, allow these honors to determine your teammates in Ranked Que's! honorable player is much much less likey to troll in a ranked match, and less honor'd(trolls) will play with trolls this is the perfect system to get rid of ELO hell, no more AFK/leavers, or feed b/c someone hurt their feelings....or at least alot less! I played 3 ranked games in a row last week that were all 4v5 because someone rage quit....Thank you so much. I hope there is an uproar among summoners for this to happen

Sincerely,
Superfrk

Wise Squirrel

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzarr2 View Post
In concept it's a nice system, but In my personal opinion there is no point in implementing a system that does nothing other than add a UI element to the client that makes people feel good about themselves. If a feature gets added without having any defined purpose (other than letting someone know you liked them), then it should stay on the PBE until it HAS a defined purpose. The achievement button on the profile page is another example of this. It's a button that is not even clickable, yet is still there. One of the red posts even said that honor is (at this moment) being used to TEST if Riot can accurately judge who in the community is a positive member.

John: "Hey Steve, what's this thingy do?"
Steve: "I really don't know yet....but it looks good so I'm gunna use it anyway and figure out what it's for later."

That's kind of how I feel this feature works at it's current state of development.
Does it hinder the live sever? No.

Does it add more feedback on live client summoner behavior? Yes.

Adding it to the live client was certainly the worst mistake made in human history.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
22 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
I'm assuming the reason Lyte didn't respond to this post

was because you just report them for spamming and the problem is solved, right? But what if all 10 players agree, and honour each other? Well, then it would seem suspicious so you could catch it, right? But what if when everyone left but 2 or 3 people, they all honour traded each other? It wouldn't seem suspicious, and no one would get reported. Is there any system currently in place to stop this?
We have a lot of additional features and math in place to detect patterns of trading between random players.

SeriousWeapon

10-01-2012

will honor reset with the new season?