Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tap00Snap

10-01-2012

Nothing wrong with implementing something positive where people are matched with complete strangers. Being polite and helpful shouldn't be looked upon negitively. Love the idea. Rewards or not.

Sarkhon

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Where did I say we were trying to permanently change people?
You were talking about which would be more successful at creating permanent change...

"Having been immersed in the field of neuroscience and psychology, I'm very familiar with the studies you are alluding to. However, you lack major pieces of information. For example, do you know how intrinsic versus extrinsic rewards influence behaviors? Which one is more likely to encourage permanent change?"

Whether this comment was directly intended to state that you were trying to create permanent change or not, it does lead one to believe this is exactly what you are trying to create with a rewards less program.

My biggest problem with all of this, isn't the fact that it accomplishes next to nothing in regards to preventing being trolled, it's the fact that hours were spent programming this and researching it only to come to an end product that rewards good behavior with a number that doesn't do anything, and doesn't deal with the problem of getting trolled.

Tell me this... the studies that have been conducted in behavioral sciences, were they conducted using real life interaction or internet interactions? The two environments are very different. I know people on the internet who when met in real life are completely different people. When in person your behavior is based on more than just basic understanding of communication (words) and instead based around a plethora of different things. On the internet? Where you have less than 1% chance of meeting the person you are paired up with in real life or even in another game.... what are you going to do when they start acting like a d-bag? You are probably going to do it right back because hey, what's the worst that could happen? You get a 1 day ban for first time offense? Seriously... people are going to be more inclined to be jerks on the internet and toxic on the internet then in real life where the ramifications are vastly different. Can't get arrested for obscene behavior on the internet can I?

Here is a solution to this though....

At certain honor thresholds, you can only get paired with other players in that threshold. This doesn't have to be for ranked, but for normals and draft. While it would create a longer queue time, I would gladly wait 5-10 extra minutes to be paired with non-toxic players than get queued instantly and have a 50/50 chance of being miserable for the next 45 minutes.

Gorchek

10-01-2012

Progress is seeing the advances your opposition makes and adapting them. I guess.

In case anyone was wondering, this is an exact copy of the commendation system in Dota2. Whether this is a good or bad thing is not up to me.

Rip off or not, I think it's for the good of the game. When HoN learned of the coaching system and in-client spectating in Dota2, they worked their butts off to implement it. Sure, they ripped it off, but it was for the good of the game.

Nip the Zephyr

10-01-2012

Woo!

xHeimtechZX

10-01-2012

This is a cool system It does make me want to push harder to being positive. I'm hoping it would somehow help with tribunals (if this person has a large amount of honors, is this person really a thorn in the community? Its one of the things that might help figure out verdicts).

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retgery View Post
I don't want IP rewards
I don't want RP rewards
I don't want boosts or free skins
I want this to only influence the match making
I want honoured players to get matched with other honoured players,
and I want ****** bags to get matched with other ****** bags.
This totally needs to happen.

SwagCheney

10-01-2012

How is trading honor any different than someone begging others to report after they die (even when they're playing legitimately)

Nip the Zephyr

10-01-2012

Hey Lyte, will you be releasing any info on how the Honor experiment went after you are through implementing it's phases? For those of us with a casual interest in psychology?

Xaerie

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retgery View Post
I don't want IP rewards
I don't want RP rewards
I don't want boosts or free skins
I want this to only influence the match making
I want honoured players to get matched with other honoured players,
and I want ****** bags to get matched with other ****** bags.
Well said.
Yes please!!!!

Match honored players with other honored players,
and d-bags with other d-bags.

KitoRay00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

i suggest this to riot ages ago, finally riot put this on, Thank You, it will improve our gaming player quality and environment