Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeimosZero

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[aws3]news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Honor/honor_postgraphic.jpg[/aws3]

If you’re a real team player and find yourself earning Honor, you’ll notice the biggest gains will come from random players in matchmade games who have not Honored you before. While Honor is not a currency, it does equip players to recognize community members who make a positive impact. In the future, we plan on experimenting with potential bonuses for the most Honorable summoners.

Learn more about how you can start honoring other summoners here !
I saw this came out today and was all excited and expected to start having happier teams, NOPE todays teams have been even angrier and ****tier players to be around than yesterday..... why? because no ones gonna give a **** about a currency that does nothing..... i try to be nice to people but this kinda make me go wtf? your trying to solve a problem by calling people names? ( not neccesarily a negative name but a name none the less because theres nothing behind it)

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I'm assuming the reason Lyte didn't respond to this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
So I know that there is a system to prevent honour trading with friends, but is anything going to be done about honour trading with non-friends? Example, what if some random person in the end-game lobby says "If you honour me, I'll honour you back."
was because you just report them for spamming and the problem is solved, right? But what if all 10 players agree, and honour each other? Well, then it would seem suspicious so you could catch it, right? But what if when everyone left but 2 or 3 people, they all honour traded each other? It wouldn't seem suspicious, and no one would get reported. Is there any system currently in place to stop this?

Silent Frame

10-01-2012

This is a great little mechanic at the end of the game because it just overall helps you feel like you acutally did somthing at the end and that you earned recognition for it!

MathMage

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco4 View Post
right out of dota 2...
Where they spent several months dealing with commendation spam because their first implementation allowed people to commend each other outside of games.

RinValak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Dr. Lyte, you're awesome.

And thanks to everyone involved in this!

LucidFlux

10-01-2012

Glad they added Teamwork!

Xedrox

10-01-2012

To be honest i haven't noticed a single change in player behavior since the addition of honor.

1)When people report someone they do it out of anger. (anger being their motivation)

2)I mean honestly we aren't Hotshotgg and someone is going to check out our profile every second. (the honor being displayed in our profile doesn't pretty much means nothing).

3) Therefore their is no reason for us to pretty much use Honor.

4) a person cannot think of honor during a game. It wont control their rage. When he gets pissed off he won't remember honor and take back what he is saying.

Not saying its a bad idea just saying i find it pointless and non-effective.

Retgery

10-01-2012

I don't want IP rewards
I don't want RP rewards
I don't want boosts or free skins
I want this to only influence the match making
I want honoured players to get matched with other honoured players,
and I want ****** bags to get matched with other ****** bags.

Wodan

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enofel View Post
It's amazing, although it seems simply LOGICAL that people wouldn't want to strive for the 'useless' honor points to be handed out.

You have to remember, it is human nature to try and get things, just to try and get things. Such as achievements in other games. Useless, pointless and all it gets you is "Achievement points/Badges" Yet people still play for hours and hours to unlock those.

Same thing here, people will refrain from actively being negative (mind you not cussing, but calling someone a baddie) in the small hopes they make enough impression to get someone to honor them.

Now of course no everyone will bother with it, but even if it doesn't change the person, it makes more games more presentable and less annoying to be in.

So even if this only works in say, 10% of games, that's one more game in ten that you don't have a pissed off troll in.
Yeah. People will do anything just for points like these, no matter how useless they might actually be. Gamerscore, achievements, trophies, none of them even do anything for you on their respective consoles but people always try to get them because it's another thing they can flaunt and have some pride in for one reason or another. As long as people can show it off, they will try to get it.

IBastardI

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retgery View Post
I don't want IP rewards
I don't want RP rewards
I don't want boosts or free skins
I want this to only influence the match making
I want honoured players to get matched with other honoured players,
and I want ****** bags to get matched with other ****** bags.
i completely agree.... this system doesnt mean anything if good players keep playing with bad players..