Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco4 View Post
right out of dota 2...
Because they were the first thing to acknowledge nice people right?

lceCar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Love these videos. One day, I want to make one with data and insights about League of Legends behavior. I can dream
riot pls

Ireliateyou

10-01-2012

Thank you for this Riot. Just knowing this is in the game now makes me happy.

MTaur

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdpegonahill View Post
How about the making the honor badge display in champion select. That way, maybe gamers with better honor can simply be proud to display what they bring to the game. Could also act as a deterrent to ragers to keep their tongue in check knowing that they have a good soul in team. Others could simply look toward the honor badge holder for guidance/support/tips/leadership in game. Make him like a role model of sorts.
Or the troll could try to goad Captain Honor that much harder. Lolking exists, so if honor is public at all, everyone will know anyway.

In general, if anyone knows anything about you at all, they use it as something to be a dick about. Went 2/5/4 while using a skin? I'm gonna give you **** about it now! Oh, you have an honor badge? Will you still have it if I complain at you all game long for whatever reason is available or made up?

WuffleWuffle

10-01-2012

I like this. Where does one see your own honor though?

Reading

Recruiter

10-01-2012

I love this feature and it's a great step in the right direction for ameliorating the player base.

JLawLoL

10-01-2012

Make our honor visible on the forums please!!!

Legend of Dr3w

10-01-2012

I just got out of an awesome random 5s game, and everybody awarded Honor for Teamwork. It may just be a number, but it's definitely a positive way of reinforcing good behavior. Sure, trolls will continue to troll, but I for one see this as an opportunity for improvement. I know I get heated in matches sometimes, and this just gives me something to strive for. Keep up the good work, Riot.

Ankokukai

10-01-2012

Lyte,
I rarely play Solo Q (on which this system seems to be focused) because im obviously afraid of the numerous trolls that lurk on Solo Q, so, i prefer to not play at all in the whole day if my friends cant play

Meaning, that i almost always play 4 or 5-man premade, and i rarely use the all chat because i sincerely always feel that i dont have anything to say to the enemy team (i do sometimes, but i try to not do it, unless they start terribly blaming someone for X error, so i just say something like "well, you're not good, you shouldnt be blaming X" ~ or something like that), and specially, since saying ANYTHING in this game makes people report you, and i really mean ANYTHING, i cant recal hoe many times i've seen reports in the tribunal for someone saying "gay", ONCE in the whole game, and being the only thing they've said, AND it wasnt even a "gay" with the purpose of offending anyone,just that kind of "gay" you call when you make a Fail-Flash or such

So, this said, we cant get valuable honor from friends, who i will aware that honoring friends is punishable, and i rarely direct to the enemy team, so, does this mean i just cant get Honor?
Because the enemies wont honor me just for playing right, and my teammates wont honor me because it's punishable

Enofel

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankokukai View Post
Lyte,
I rarely play Solo Q (on which this system seems to be focused) because im obviously afraid of the numerous trolls that lurk on Solo Q

Meaning, that i almost always play 4 or 5-man premade, and i rarely use the all chat because i sincerely always feel that i dont have anything to say to the enemy team (i do sometimes, but i try to not do it, unless they start terribly blaming someone for X error, so i just say something like "well, you're not good, you shouldnt be blaming X" ~ or something like that)

So, this said, we cant get valuable honor from friends, who i will aware that honoring friends is punishable, and i rarely direct to the enemy team, so, does this mean i just cant get Honor?
Because the enemies wont honor me just for playing right, and my teammates wont honor me because it's punishable

It's not punishable unless you are outright trading, but premade honors are just lessened in worth.