Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Compete with Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cläptrap

10-01-2012

It seems strange that they would do this to "highilight positive players" if they werent intending on rewarding "positive players" what are you identifying them for?

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Holyjoe:
identify positive players for what? Is this like a secret recruitment program? lol I just dont understand the thought process behind this.

Haha, I don't think it's anything so sinister. It's really just part of an experiment right now. Team Player Behavior is interested in finding out who (and how many) people are polite and positive just because they can be and not because they are expecting a reward down the road. The data they collect from Phase 1 here will be useful in helping guide where the system goes from here.

santaisho

10-01-2012

Quote:
Shadowy1:
It only punishes people who trade honor often, or even say in chat "Trade honor for honor" So no, it is not stupid as we know people would do it.

Haha, what is this? D3?

Praetor

10-01-2012

You know what, I do like the idea of just being happy with myself after receiving praise. I just have very little faith in humanity, as a whole, that this is enough. Half-hearted attempts need to be scrutinized more, and that is why I am so adamant this is not enough.

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Holyjoe:
It seems strange that they would do this to "highilight positive players" if they werent intending on rewarding "positive players" what are you identifying them for?

In this stage, it will be interesting to see if this has an effect on behavior from otherwise rather quiet, but still positive players. It's possible that players who before would not have said much in a match where there were some negative attitudes might try to more actively be polite and by doing so, encourage others to be polite and positive as well.

Faytherite

10-01-2012

What about Customs? I play mostly Arams, mostly because everyone is nicer in arams. Do I have to play normals to get more Honor to give out? And can I be Honored in custom games?

Duke Br0heimer

10-01-2012

Quote:
Praetor:
Let me let you in on a secret: i have never studied anything remotely similar to psychology, but I did pass this feature along to someone that does: Joseph P. Allen at the University of Virginia. Know what I got back as a response, the very first response in verbal form? A chuckle.

Cool story.

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Faytherite:
What about Customs? I play mostly Arams, mostly because everyone is nicer in arams. Do I have to play normals to get more Honor to give out? And can I be Honored in custom games?

Honor is currently only available for match-made games.

rivnen

10-01-2012

I thought there wasn't suppose to be a way to loose honor that was affected in anyway by other players.
I don't expect it to happen to be but I expect this forum to be full of people complaining their honor got reset to 0 from "1 or 2" events/people trolling them

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Duke Br0heimer:
Cool story.

Witty meme.