Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7GK DrPROFESSOR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Sweetness! I been wanting Riot to do something like this for awhile! GJ Riot keep up the good work!

Elewd

10-01-2012

so i got out of a game and i got honered by my whole team and now i feel bad because i only honored the xerath on my team . . .

Cerys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Let me let you in on a secret: i have never studied anything remotely similar to psychology, but I did pass this feature along to someone that does: Joseph P. Allen at the University of Virginia. Know what I got back as a response, the very first response in verbal form? A chuckle.
I very much enjoy Googling random colleges, finding a person of renown within that university for the topic which I want to make my argument for, and then state that I've contacted them and they agree with my arbitrary opinion on something of which I know absolutely nothing, too.

Shadowy1

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If you don't find value in the Phase 1 of the Honor Initiative, then don't take part. We've infused a lot of psychology into the system and there's a reason why we aren't talking about rewards for Phase 1.

If you want to have a constructive discussion about it, we should talk about research where people are told they will receive tangible rewards for doing a task versus the surprise of receiving something for doing a task.
My guess, when people are told they will get a tangible reward, they go out of their way to modify their base behavior to get said reward, then revert back to the original behavior, requiring a constant loop of reward to keep the positive behavior present. Where as when not told but rewarded later, they tend to actually change behavior on the hopes that they will be rewarded again.

Not a psych person, but that seems a reasonable assumption.

Barioth

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
They already said they coded the honor system to avoid the abuse when playing with premades and or players in your friend list. They said they won't discuss or give furthermore info about how this works to keep away players from exploiting the system.

And you can't honor the same person over and over and over. This system is kinda ripped off off DOTA2, where you can give "honor" to your friends too but only once, there is no such thing like "I'm giving the -helpful- honor today and -teamwork- tomorrow" you just can't.
Oh nice, then ive got nothing against this system. I just didn't knew exactly how it works in relation to friends.
If on the comming days people don't find an easy way to exploit honor, i think in the future it will help improve the community, Some people that rage now and then will pretend to be nice just to earn some honor. Even if it's just pretending i think it helps, queues sometimes are unbearable. Riot now have to do something about report threats, those "report player xx, ty" really is ruining casual games.

HAIDEnaHOROTO

10-01-2012

lol great.Finaly someone cares abaut the good people

Topkapi

10-01-2012

Could this possibly affect queuing at all? Like, when you go to queue you'll be matched with people at generally the same honor level? That would be cool.

Munchiesgalore

10-01-2012

Fantastic idea. I love it.

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If you don't find value in the Phase 1 of the Honor Initiative, then don't take part. We've infused a lot of psychology into the system and there's a reason why we aren't talking about rewards for Phase 1.

If you want to have a constructive discussion about it, we should talk about research where people are told they will receive tangible rewards for doing a task versus the surprise of receiving something for doing a task.
I will abstain. Just as in life, if there is an incentive, things are more apt to be done. This has been proven via various forms of government throughout time. I know you didn't want to discuss rewards, but to come out and say explicitly that you're treating your customers as a project is amoral.

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerys View Post
I very much enjoy Googling random colleges, finding a person of renown within that university for the topic which I want to make my argument for, and then state that I've contacted them and they agree with my arbitrary opinion on something of which I know absolutely nothing, too.
I live in the Commonwealth of Virginia. I cannot prove it, unless you would like me to send you a snapshot of my license or have a Rioter give you my IP address. I could drive down the road to the campus, I suppose. At any rate, you're assuming and we all know assumptions are, well, grand.