Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timeley12

06-06-2014

8 out of 10 games i play has a player intentionally feeding, league of legends has a group of some of the *****iest, dumbest *******s i have ever witnessed. i hate lol players more than people who comment on nba videos wtf does reporting do, people laugh when they are reported. the amount of ****ty people that play lol make me wanna quit the game.

gia257

06-08-2014

instead of ribbons they could be badges, or the ribbon could hold the badges, in the case that you own more than one

Cocobear

06-14-2014

This honor initiative was a great idea, no doubt about that. But I think it's time for some more rewards added to the system.

So you are an honorable player and people have recognized that and you get these points and sometimes a banner, that's nice. I think it would be even better if those points also contributed to the matchmaking system. So the more honorable or helpful you are, the more you get matched with those kinds of people. See what I am saying?

It would definitely make the ques a little longer, but the quality of game play would go way up. We all have something we do like: YouTube, Reddit, The Tribunal, or just browsing the forums to occupy that little increase in time.

MrFluffyDucks

07-16-2014

I am curious if honorable players will receive more rewards, I strive constantly to be kind ( the occasional cuss word at a troll aside... ) and have noticed that Honorable opponent or anything is rare now.. I am thinking .. not as a greedy person, but as someone wanting to improve the community, Maybe rewards starting at amount of time and acquired honors overall??

Rewards for the very few that are still honorable ( I have been since the Initiative released ) would cause others to strive to be better as well!

Person #1 "OMG that skin looks amazing! how did you get it?"
Person #2 "Oh I was an honorable Opponent for over a year "
Person #1 "That skin is so amazing I am gonna start being nicer in game so i can eventually get it!"

Think about it please!!!!!!

EyeSlae

3 Weeks Ago

I have 114 teamwork 18 friendly 7 helpful and 64 honorable opponent but never a ribbon.

Leviticus1014

2 Weeks Ago

There is an easy fix to restoring the once trusted and reputable community of the league. This will not take much effort and can see a vast improvement overnight. This will come in a three part step and with little effort we can be back to playing the game for fun.

Step #1 Can the entire team assigned to this at Riot. What an epic failure the Honor system was and I do not know how much effort you spent, but it was way to much money for a developers time.

Step #2 Look at behavior patterns from draft that carry into the game. Seems like 90% of the time the d bag in draft keeps the streak alive by being a bigger d bag in game.

Step #3. Vote, if we the end users have no power during the act of hatred, racism, troll..
Then how do you expect the community to grow. People are hurtful, and have nothing to fear other than a first warning, then the unheard of ban that ensues. Now I know that you do this but give the power to those being effected.

Scenario: Draft starts, pick number three says mid or I troll. Pick number two politely says I would like to mid, three starts making threats. Now in duo there is a chance that this one d bag has a friend with him. So, make it a three vote process to kick this guy from draft and restart. Make it to where he loses the same LP as a loss and not this 2 pt BS. Make it to where those that did the voting have to wait a bit to prevent the team comp looks bad vote this poor schmuck out guys.

Then, I would suggest looking toward who gets voted often. Dont ban them for a week (slap on the wrist) give them a firm warning, then follow with an entire season of inability to play ranked. Make it worth them thinking twice on why not to act like a complete d bag. It is almost like you have a group of kids trying to determine how to stop other kids. This just turns into a ***** size debate and a bunch of curse words in between. If you want to make the community better, take out the trash. Let adults determine how to regulate kids, and clean up the community. Not only will the trash be removed, but those dirty players that truly want to be good but are tarnished by this epic failure of teamwork (honor system). Can and will start to show that it is a fun game when everyone plays a as a team and admits to their faults to better themselves and not play the blame game.

Nut Up Riot!

Kingish

2 Weeks Ago

Except it doesnt matter and no one ever does it

Zyffrm

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship View Post
Good idea but I don't think it will be as effective as you originally put it out to be.
This man is a psychic I swear! Welcome to the new chat restricted mode of league of legends!

Hello chat restriction. Nice to meet you, you seem to be negative reinforcement. Does Riot not know that negative reinforcement is the least effective way to change a behavior? hmmmmmm.... if only there was some way to positively reinforce good behavior?

Oh wait we have this unused honor system! Riot could give like, ip boosts from getting higher amounts of honor? players would behave themselves so they could get honor? nah. Lets just chat restrict them. Indefinitely.

Zyffrm

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSlae View Post
I have 114 teamwork 18 friendly 7 helpful and 64 honorable opponent but never a ribbon.
Because "Honor" is useless. What does a ribbon do for you? nothing. What does a few extra IP or god forbid some RP for gaining copious amounts of Honor do for the community? more people putting in a conscious effort not to be a bag of D towards people before, in and after games.

unascertained

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

2 Weeks Ago

I almost never get honor in ranked but in co op i get one every game..