Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dead2Rites

10-05-2012

Are the answers to the Honor FAQ posted in ther forums here somewhere? The info page is bugged or something, page doesn't fully load. Every time I try to click on the questions to read the answers they don't show up.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/honor

Daen

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2Rites View Post
Are the answers to the Honor FAQ posted in ther forums here somewhere? The info page is bugged or something, page doesn't fully load. Every time I try to click on the questions to read the answers they don't show up.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/honor
What browser are you using?

Ajido

10-05-2012

Lyte,

In the future might you consider telling players who it was that honored them? Considering we don't see the Honor notification till we leave the post game lobby, it's not like I'd see "Oh, summoner X honored me, let me return the favor". I feel like the Honor system could help make new gaming friendships if it told you who was honoring you, because generally if they're going to honor you, it meant they enjoyed playing with you for whatever reason. Seeing this info might spur me to send a friend request.

I really respect you and your team so I'm sure this was discussed already. Might it be something you'll do in the future, and if not, could you share the reasons against implementing it?

BabbuTea

10-05-2012

dam...in the photo in the background...that other team got thrashed

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-05-2012
65 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajido View Post
Lyte, are there measures in place for the very rare instances where a player is wrongly punished and perhaps the case is reviewed and overturned to restore the honor they would have lost from the reset?
Yes, if a case was wrongly punished we restore their Honor.

Heek

10-05-2012

What if you make a few not-purchasable skins from having high honor.
Example: If you get 200 honor you could unlock a certain secret Tristana skin.

General Stinky

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehemothHeek View Post
What if you make a few not-purchasable skins from having high honor.
Example: If you get 200 honor you could unlock a certain secret Tristana skin.
hmmm... riot girl?

ForteCaZZo

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajido View Post
Lyte,

In the future might you consider telling players who it was that honored them? Considering we don't see the Honor notification till we leave the post game lobby, it's not like I'd see "Oh, summoner X honored me, let me return the favor". I feel like the Honor system could help make new gaming friendships if it told you who was honoring you, because generally if they're going to honor you, it meant they enjoyed playing with you for whatever reason. Seeing this info might spur me to send a friend request.

I really respect you and your team so I'm sure this was discussed already. Might it be something you'll do in the future, and if not, could you share the reasons against implementing it?
I'm curious about this too, could you shed some info on this Lyte?

akaitachi

10-05-2012

Just a small note to include my thanks. I have never had so many agreeable people, and fun games. This has had a great impact, and I'm glad that it is in the game now.

In fact, the only people that have been rude are the people that think honor is worthless, but I have had no other raging, trolling, or generally disagreeable people.

Thanks PB&J.

YoshiStampedeBlu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We considered restricting Honor for premade friends, but eventually decided to instead implement some math to still allow premades to participate in the Honor Initiative even if they play premades in a vast majority of their games. Players who premade often will have to earn most of their Honor from the enemy team, which isn't easy!

I thought you said consistently honoring your premade team is considered "abuse" and your honor will effectively reset back to 0.

Where do you draw the line?

What if they were honorable?

What if they are always honorable?