Darius Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I so want more people to play Darius in Dominion at bot lane. Of the maybe 60 times I've played Darius bot lane in Dominion I've lost just once to a good morgana, she kited me hard and really out played me. But yeah I constantly carry and capture their bot turret. Swap to top late game for super dunks. My build is:
Attack Speed Boots
Last whisper
Frozen Mallet
Brutalizer
Situational defence items.
Weird build huh?
Think of it this way, you get armor pen from masteries, the dominion buff, the passive on your E, last whisper and brutalizer. As I understand theres no cap on ArPen on dominion. Its pretty broken.

Recycled EU

10-01-2012

For one, with the passive % Armour pen of dominion, % pen on your E and % pen on last whisper, brutaliser's pointless besides the CDR. On a second note, you'll benefit far greater offensively from CDR boots than Attack speed boots on Darius, besides stacking your passive faster, which you'll do with a reduced cooldown on W and Q anyway, attack speed boots are of minimal use on Darius. Also, there're pretty much two trains of thought on building Darius. Killing people by stacking damage and dunking, or being ridiculously tanky and cleaning up with your ultimate, both work.

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled EU View Post
For one, with the passive % Armour pen of dominion, % pen on your E and % pen on last whisper, brutaliser's pointless besides the CDR. On a second note, you'll benefit far greater offensively from CDR boots than Attack speed boots on Darius, besides stacking your passive faster, which you'll do with a reduced cooldown on W and Q anyway, attack speed boots are of minimal use on Darius. Also, there're pretty much two trains of thought on building Darius. Killing people by stacking damage and dunking, or being ridiculously tanky and cleaning up with your ultimate, both work.
Hey thanks alot for the advice, I'm changing my build now, gonna chuck out brutalizer and get cooldown boots instead. Thanks

Infirc

10-01-2012

wait, you can beat Jax as Darius?, every Jax?-- and i thought that was an even match up , on the Brutalizer, you can still get it actually after building the last whisper and the lucidity boots, what other Cooldown item would you get anyways?.

DiscworldDeath

10-01-2012

Glacial Shroud? Darius likes some mana. Well, less of an issue bot lane, more of an issue when you want to chain-ult people.

But Glacial is always nice, and it builds into FH.

NavyGothic

10-01-2012

Why would you encourage more Dariussses (Darii? Dariuii? Dariussssss?) on Dominion?

Infirc

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Why would you encourage more Dariussses (Darii? Dariuii? Dariussssss?) on Dominion?

So that we can Pick Lulu or Teemo and win for free against them, sounds like a good plan to ME,or to never lose Solo queue low Elo bay placing a Darius playing Ds at a friendly captured top lane

FDru

10-01-2012

Why the **** would you get CDR boots on Darius?

He has literally one weakness and that's kiting. You get merc treads or you get mobility boots, to get in range / stay in range since your retarded champion auto-wins against anything that can't kite you forever.

Recycled EU

10-01-2012

I'm a botlaner so I talk from a botlane point of view Fdru, where lucidity boots are INCREDIBLY effective, courtesy of his not-so-short cooldowns, top, merc treads work, but the suggestion of mobility boots is just plain odd, if you're against a comp that can kite you, they can just as easily break your +5 speed. Got to agree on Glacial / Frozen heart though.

And in terms of darius vs jax, it's a rather favourable matchup for Darius, as long as it's not a traded in darius from toplane on a botlane jax.