Junglers giving their blue to mid lane.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

10-02-2012

Even if you're playing an extremely mana-hungry jungler, blue should be going to mid 95% of the time after the initial clear. My two best junglers are extremely mana-intensive, but unless my mid is a character who does not use mana at all, I realize that it's my job to cover my own mana issues with an early philo, rather than starve my mid of blue.

Anna Sachae

10-02-2012

I'm probably not qualified to vouch for the jungle side of the equation, since my only reliable jungle is Evelynn and she has a built-in blue, but from the mid side, it's a situational thing. I don't ask for blue, ever. If the jungler's getting blue and pings me over, I'll take it 100% of the time. If he never offers me blue, I tend to alter my build to include a mana battery.

If mid is demanding blue and you're not just mana-starved as a jungle, it's a good thing to give it to them, if only to shut them up. If they die more than once in-lane and end up feeding that blue to the other side, stop giving it to them. Ignore them when they ***** about it - if they're just feeding blue buffs to the other side, it's not worth it.

So yeah. Some people are rude, but a well-played mid doesn't normally need blue. The exceptions, like Anivia and Orianna, should be considered waaaay before the jungler's needs. Anivia with blue hits a ton harder than Amumu with blue, after all.

AlmightyFork

10-02-2012

As hec, you shouldn't have a lot of use for blue after sheen. Q is only 25 mana. That should be only 1 or two bases for trin, assuming you build outright.

Defile8080

10-02-2012

It is champ dependent but I have a huge problem with junglers who forget the purpose of their role....

You are playing a jungler to ASSIST YOUR TEAM not afk farm in the jungle for 20 minutes. Let me repeat you are not jungling for your own benefit!! You get way more XP / CS in lane the purpose of jungling is to give your team the advantage.

I'm sick of junglers who think the role of jungling is to have easy farm with no harass and free KS. And this is coming from someone who mains as a jungler.

IMO here is why you should always give blue to mid:

1) Mid lane is the most crucial to win if the tower goes down your team is at a big disadvantage
2) Conserving mana is not viable if the enemy mid has blue and can push like crazy.
3) Your job is to gank for which you really need the red - you can't expect to hog both the red AND the blue the entire game
4) Making your life easier does not help the team. Winning mid lane greatly increases your teams chance of winning.

You SHOULDN'T give blue to mid if:

1) They are feeding
2) You are extrememly mana dependent for both farming AND ganks (ie. Amumu)

NoneLikeRob

10-02-2012

As a constant jungler, I pretty much totally disagree. I usually jungle trundle, amumu, lee sin, nautilus and sejuani, most of which are pretty mana demanding. I will start wolves, grab blue, wraiths, golems, red and back to wolves, jungle creeping to level 4 (if I have an advantage on the enemy jungler I will aggressively counter jungle, otherwise I stick to my own). By the time my blue buff wears off, i will be at least level four with cloth armour, boots, and a few wards to help out my top and mid lanes, after that, I don't really need blue enough to outweigh the boost it will give to my mid champ. I spend the rest of my jungle ganking, keeping top warded, warding as I can for mid, creep clearing the jungle, and taking dragon at every chance I have (usually if I have help or I see the enemy jungler away from dragon). As I am doing all of this I am constantly giving blue to my mid (and top if they need it) and making sure my ADC has red. If my team is doing well, I will make sure to ward both enemy buffs and steal them for my lanes whenever they come up. My point in all of this is that I can do all of this, successfully, without taking any buffs for myself. The point of jungle is to take pressure off lanes and help your lanes succeed, the point is not to take kills yourself, so with that logic, jungle really doesn't need buffs aside from initial ones if they utilize those initial buffs and properly jungle.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

You're simply wrong. Even on mana dependent junglers like Amumu, you should only be keeping blues after the first one if your mid lane is manaless or has next to no mana dependency. It's almost always better on mid lane than it is on the jungler

Fiveofswords

10-02-2012

what you are saying is totally crazy...talking about blue like its a 'priviledge'...its a buff....and this is a team game.
some junglers really need blue...like i understand skarner needs it..and when i jungle cho i need it. Others really dont need it.
some mids benefit a lot from blue...like brand or lux...others really dont, like cass.
Just give the buff to whoever would profit the most from it. Forget priviledge or how well lanes are doing.

Brother Valencio

10-02-2012

YOU FOOL.

Strong midlane champions like Swain, Gragas, Karthus, Kassadin and Orianna perform significantly better in lane with the reduced cooldowns and increased mana regen. You behave like blue buff is a "privilege" for the midlaner and that midlaners who ask for it are poor players who spam their spells too much and run out of mana. In fact the reverse is true - a competent jungler having the sense to give the midlane blue buff ALLOWS the midlaner to spam their spells in lane and outperform their opponent.

In case you haven't noticed, even mana-dependant junglers don't NEED a blue buff after the first, unless THEY'RE a poor player who spams their spells too much and runs out of mana jungle-clearing, and many of the stronger junglers like Lee Sin, Dr Mundo and Shyvana don't need blue at all. If you're really having mana problems as a jungler, remember that Philosopher's Stone IS a legitimate purchase.

TLDR: Midlaner > jungler when it comes to who gets blue buff after the first.

NoneLikeRob

10-03-2012

So guys...really...no need to be harsh on the dude, he expressed feelings and opened himself up to correction. A simple statement is fine, no need to call him a fool or any of that ****.

Brother Valencio

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
no need to call him a fool or any of that ****.
I think you'll find there is every need.

YOU FOOL.

123456 ... 7