Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Junglers giving their blue to mid lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bobmandude12

10-01-2012

I've been playing quite a few games lately where I'm jungling, and the mid laner outright demands blue. I understand some junglers don't need it, whereas on others, it's a necessity, but regardless, I feel like the mid laner should really only get blue in a couple of circumstances:
1. I'm a jungler who doesn't use blue to the maximum potential.
2. The mid laner isn't getting countered hard. (If they are, I'm just going to camp the lane anyways.)
3. It's past laning phase.

Granted, it's all very situational, but blue buff should be more of a privilege, right? I'm just sick of the mid laner being pushed up, and constantly asking for ganks under tower (Yes, sometimes it is possible). and then demanding blue when they don't even really need it. Blue buff should be something that more or less breaks an even fight in the mid lane.

Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong. I'm just sick of all this entitlement mid lane feels that they have over blue.

Luxaby

10-01-2012

Agree with part you dont have to give blue buff to mid but as a mid i'd like to add a few times where you SHOULD give blue
1.if enemy jungler gives mid blue it can be very frustrating especially if the match is close
2.mana dependent characters like anivia early game
3.when you are an energy jungler lee sin etc.

Valas44

10-01-2012

I would disagree with you in general, I play mid and jungle as my most played roles. Now it definetly would matter who the two characters are. I think jungle usually gets the blue the first time around, but after that I generally feel mid has the option first.

If a mid like anivia does not get blue early, they are greatly being gimped, but then again if you Jungle with maokai he is really hurt without blue to. So in character selection you really need to pick characters that dont both need the blue to survive.

valas44

UL9 Spark

10-01-2012

Some mids are pretty entitled, but you're right it is all situational.

I usually ask. If they are really strapped for mana, I give them the second blue, because they need it, and I don't have a lane that's going to get pushed/a tower that will go down because I have to b to get mana pots. Counterjungling is obviously a threat, but ward up, and ask your mid to watch your camps for you as a favour in return. Keep it civil.

Snake XT

10-01-2012

Mid laners need to know how conserve mana and not spam abilities and give the jungler a hard time. Reason they do it is probably because its the norm, even in ranked games. Im playing anivia a lot recently and know how much this beech needs mana, buying clarity is a waste, I just farm until i can get tear, catalyst, chalice of harmony.

AskKarthus

10-01-2012

Unless you're a blue reliant jungler, like amumu, you should be giving your second or third blue to the mid, especially mana hungry or CDR reliant ones live Viegar and Orianna.

Nalydyn

10-01-2012

Certain mids should always get blue unless you absolutely NEED it. One of these is Anivia, another is Swain. The mana regen is just necessary sometimes and the CDR is obviously amazing. It's just kind of the meta that blue goes to mid, but you are correct in saying that if the person is pushing, or winning their lane hard, and you're playin say, Xin Zhao, who is pretty damn mana hungry, you should get blue.

VanillaCrunch

10-01-2012

I ALWAYS give the mid lane a second blue. But then again, I only jungle w/ Lee, Nocturne, and Riven, who all are NOT mana hungry.

Paperdollparade

10-02-2012

I always give blue to mid on my second or at very latest third clear. even with mana hungry jungles like Amumu or Sejuani. the only exception is if mid is feeding or mid is no where near blue. sorry but I need to make sure the enemy doesn't take our buffs and get back to ganking lanes. I cant sit around and take hits while I wait for mid. sometimes If I play as Shyvana I'll give first blue to mid, but thats usually if I started at enemy red :P.

As someone who plays Orianna mid, I expect the same from other junglers. blue buff just is much more useful in mid after the first clear.

EyeHearShapes

10-02-2012

When i jungle hec if i never give mid blue buff i can jung forever without backing, just saying.
But i usually give my mid the second buff and if they lose it right away i give it to top or whoever else needs it