AD Caster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-01-2012

Are they still the dominate champs in Dominion?

MyDeadGrandma

10-01-2012

If by 'ad caster' you mean 'tanky derps' then yes.

Panwar

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
If by 'ad caster' you mean 'tanky derps' then yes.
Ad casters are champions that the majority of their damage comes from casting spells with AD ratios. Pantheon, Riven, Talon etc.

OP, most AD casters are strong Tier 1 and 2, but most of the ban champs are not AD casters.

Tempestphile

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Ad casters are champions that the majority of their damage comes from casting spells with AD ratios. Pantheon, Riven, Talon etc.

OP, most AD casters are strong Tier 1 and 2, but most of the ban champs are not AD casters.
I usually ban Jayce Rengar

Do they count?

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

If i would have to say the top 20 champs of dominion imo. I think I would name 2 Caster ad (Pantheon, Darius). Though I would name Wukong, Urgot, Jax, Jayce and Ezreal too, I do not know if you count them as caster AD or what.

DaRatmastah

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
If i would have to say the top 20 champs of dominion imo. I think I would name 2 Caster ad (Pantheon, Darius). Though I would name Wukong, Urgot, Jax, Jayce and Ezreal too, I do not know if you count them as caster AD or what.
Wukong, Jax: Tanky DPS

Ezreal, Jayce: AD Carries

Urgot: AD Caster

Psi21

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRatmastah View Post
Wukong, Jax: Tanky DPS

Ezreal, Jayce: AD Carries

Urgot: AD Caster
I don't see Urgot as an AD Caster. I consider him like Riven, Wukong, Jax, Yorick and may more Tanky dps.

After all Urgot has an absorb shield, defensive stat modifying ult and a passive that reduces damage taken. He is very much Tankie DPS.

Sadly, it is Tanky DPS that is ruining League in general on all maps.

1. Damage shield abilities that gain the resistances of the items your champion is wearing.
2. Percent reduction in damage from Items like Odin's + ninja tabies and Abilities like Kass's passive, Urgot passive, Alistar ult, Yorick passive.. etc
3. Top armor and MR offers 70% reduction in damage. Way too high a reduction. Making it more profitably to invest in armor over damage.
4. High static damage and ratios on abilities on champs who essentially were to play a some what tanky role in.

But, these are all problems Morello doesn't see and just keeps nerfing true AP (and a few AD Casters) AP items are dismal.... huanting guise the change to Abyssal come to mind. Hell, the last upgrade to any AP item I even saw was came with a nerf to DFG and a buff to Morello's own tome. Yeah Morello more or less doesn't understand AP balance.

GrignardTS

10-01-2012

I always thought phrases like AD Carry and Tanky DPS described builds (you build tanky dps with items like Trinity, Atmas, etc) while phrases like AD Caster described the champions main method of damage.

For example, Pantheon is built Tanky deep and is an AD Caster since he AAs very little.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Mostly, although there are still some APs that will faceroll their matches: Kassadin, Diana and Lulu come to mind.

as for the Ad caster discussion an AD caster per se is someone that uses physical damage spells as his/her/its? main soource of damage, Riven is a perfect example of Ad caster, not a tanky Dps, the thing with Riot is that they think that the biggest weaknesses a character of the game can have are: Melee Range and Cooldown dependency, Ad casters happen to have both and thus are super weak at Riot's Eyes, making Riot themselves overcheese the newest Ad casters with tons of utility and/or free stats (usually tankiness). Darius and Rengar are goood examples.

So for Riven case: she's bot an Ad caster and a Tanky derp.

Warrrrax

10-01-2012

As you can see from this thread, the roles are not exactly clearly defined and its hard to put champs into a box.

Most tanky DPSers are AD based and usually have a few AD ratio spells. That technically makes them AD casters I suppose, but they generally win by virtue of having decent base spell damage and just being hard to kill. Able to bully enemies into submission.
They also tend to like building Piecemeal Crit, in that they rely on their autoattacks to deal a significant chunk of their damage.

I would define a Physical Caster or AD Caster one that:
a) Has particularly strong ratios that you don't typically build super tanky.
b) Doesn't really use much crit.
b2) Limited autoattacking. (related to b)
c) Tends to use all their abilities in 1 massive combo, rather than spacing them out.

Pantheon is already reasonably tough and his Spear(1.4), Leapstrike, autoattack (1.0), Pokey (3.something), Spear(1.4) combo has a quite high ratio. Hence, you want to emphasize building as much AD as you can. You dont care about crit since it only affects your rarely used autoattack. He will build AD with utility: brutalizer, hexdrinker,

Riven tends to build a bit tankier but she has really high AD ratios on her skills. She tends to dash in, shield, stun, and use her auto,Q,auto,Q,auto,Q,auto to deal the high damage. Even though she autoattacks more, adding AD tends to add more damage than crit.

I'd call Jayce a physical caster in that his big combo has a huuuge ratio. A gated Qball (1.68) with autoattack(1.0), hypercharge(3.9), hammerform, Gapcloser(1.0), auto(1.0), knockback(1.0) does a TON of freaking AD damage.
As such, I always build him with a lot of pure AD for the high burst and great poke.

Its also possible to build him tanky with triforce and space out his abilities for many procs, or build Crit for endgame like I do for massive autoattacks with hypercharge.