Domain of the Crystal Vanguard (Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

11-19-2012

"Indeed he does. I still am not certain why he was thrust into my care, but his tact and mannerisms are abhorrent. Something I hope to rectify while he stays with me. He is a champion. Enough of them are ruthless and misguided murderers already. Those who kill with no reason beyond bloodshed and pointless death." While the words were not meant to inflame, he was completely aware that they could be interpreted as such. He elaborated in hopes dispelling such thoughts. "Life and death are counter to one another. As life goes on, death is given poignancy. Without death, life would be a bleak, timeless ordeal. Such is the nature of any two diametrically opposed forces."

AskÉlise

11-19-2012

"Indeed." Elise replied, sitting there, still looking around his place "Is Twitch the only one who stays with you?" Elise then asked, tilting her head to the side a little quizzically.

Civilized Rat

11-19-2012

The floors emitted a footstep or two from all around Skarner and Elise, barely audible at all and not a hint as to where it came from. Twitch's nervousness and plain insanity would be his downfall if the sounds he made became any louder. Slip past the fools without a sound, enter the shadows and get out. His flawless plan! None would see a thing.

SandscourgeSkarn

11-27-2012

Skarner glanced to the side, away from the Spider Queen, at the faint pink outline of Twitch skulking about in the other room that was visible through the wall. Deeming that the enchantment was sufficient, Skarner focused his magics once more, this time on the windows of the home, wrought of his crystal. They hardened and thickened, becoming opaque. The light dimmed unintentionally as a result, though Skarner was oblivious to the meaning that might have to anyone else.

"Twitch, I trust you're not attempting to flee. You have been entrusted into my care, and I wish you to view this place as a home for you, not a prison." His tone was as pleasant as it could be, despite its gravel nature. "You are welcome to explore my home as much as you wish. Perhaps even greet our guest."

That much said, Skarner turned back to Elise and nodded his head, glad that his emotions were not obvious on his stony face. In all truth, the social life was not for him, and even having dealt only with Twitch, he was tired from it all. "I live with Twitch and my aides, Sigmund and Anemone. They live on this floor, but they seem to be out of the house at the moment. I have yet to find suitable lodgings for Twitch as of yet, though I presume he may have to stay in a room on the bottom floor with myself, as I cannot construct things of wood and nails."

Much as he tried to hide it, his exasperation was beginning to show through in his speech. A few ticks on the floor from his pointed feet as he scuttled about to attempt to distract himself.Finally her turned to Elise completely, closing his eyes and bowing his head in a show of humility. "My apologies, I am not overly skilled at entertaining, Lady Elise."

AskÉlise

11-28-2012

Elise only gave out a soft laugh "It's quite alright dear" she replied, wondering how Skarner really felt about her being in his home. She rarely interacted with other.. arachnids outside of the Shadow Isles. Elise's legs clicked absentmindedly against the floor as she stood "As long as he doesn't try anything.. I will have no problems with the rat. I know he isn't too.. fond of me."

Civilized Rat

11-28-2012

From the very same room Skarner saw Twitch in a vase fit for flowers was thrown straight at Elise, landing just short of her with a crack and a smash, shattering into pieces. The flowers were missing, if there were any; surely it was an attempt to actually hit her. More footsteps echoed out, quickly quietening until whatever it was had become completely dormant.

SandscourgeSkarn

12-01-2012

Skarner's frown was immediately apparent on his maw. feebly, he attempted to collect the shards of the now destroyed vase, doing little more than collecting them into a pile with his claws, not able to do anything beyond that. Yet for as sad as he was, it was not for himself. Anemone, the girl he felt was like a daughter to him, loved the ruined pottery that now lay as a heap on the floor in front of him. He could not understand what motivated the Plague Rat's hatred of what seemed to be everything.

He was reasonably certain Elise would not have cared that her fellow champion had attempted to assaulted her, yet still, he wished it could have been different. For all the many years that he had slept, rested, he had hoped if nothing more could change within that frame, that blind hate would cease to be. That the pain it fostered could be quashed. That everyone could see a new beginning. More than anything else, it was for that reason that he let free a heaving sigh, knowing on some level that while his goal was noble, to give this world what it deserved, that it was bound to failure for decades, perhaps centuries.

He cast his gaze about, searching for the pink shimmer that would indicate Twitch's presence, even if it were only to utter a prayer in the language of the Arachia, one that no one would hear. A prayer to the earth itself for the wisdom to guide the demi-human to better things. And for the strength not to be destroyed by his own weak frustration. Prayer done, he returned his guest, to Elise.

"My apologies. Is there perhaps something you had wished to discuss? I fear it will be more trouble than it is worth to attempt to sway him at the moment, and so my attention falls to you, my Lady." The normally composed Brackern appeared tired, tail drooping, eyes downcast, claws placed on the floor of his home.

AskÉlise

12-11-2012

Elise shifted her eyes to the vase, then back around to the room.. her eyes narrowing somewhat, she did not like things to be thrown at her.. it was useless, however, to try and catch the invisible rodent.. and she wasn't about to ruin Skarners home by randomly tossing her webs out in an attempt to do so

Elise looked at Skarner as her swept the floor, cocking her head to the side lightly. She made a make shift bag with her silk and skittered over to the mess.. doing her best to nudge the shattered pieces into the bag, the gesture probably looked rather awkward.

After a few attempts, Elise managed to scoop the vase into the bag, holding it in her fangs. After Skarner finished his prayer, Elise nodded her head. "If I did not wish to speak with you, I would not have came.... also, where is your trash can?" Elise said

Heil Teemo

12-11-2012

Dear Skarner,

I find it odd that you allow yourself to be summoned. The League has not helped you in uncovering more of your kind, nor have they assisted in restoring your ancestral home. In fact, all they've done is turn it into a stage for more fighting. What are you getting out of this relationship?

Evelynn

SandscourgeSkarn

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Dear Skarner,

I find it odd that you allow yourself to be summoned. The League has not helped you in uncovering more of your kind, nor have they assisted in restoring your ancestral home. In fact, all they've done is turn it into a stage for more fighting. What are you getting out of this relationship?

Evelynn
((You'll find your question answered here and I'll be glad to inform all that this will now be the main hub for interacting with Skarner. It is now both my Ask Thread and an area to converse personally with Skarner.))