vayne and trinity force. vayne and top lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pestilence777

10-01-2012

i've seen it mentioned in a few guides as being good on vayne, but i can't figure out a build that uses it without sacrificing an infinity edge

the closest i've found would be

berserkers
bloodthirster
trinity
banshees
infinity

then finish with a last whisper (or maybe even a black cleaver for the attack speed bump)

the problem is: this build is super expensive. more than likely too expensive for actual use

so: does trinity force have a place in vayne's adc build?

would trinity be better saved for those rare occasions vayne goes top lane? Speaking of: would a top lane build of bloodthirst, trinity, wits end, banshees, randuins make sense? Is there ever a valid reason to take vayne top lane?

Tim Depp

10-01-2012

The only ADPS build you will ever need:

Berserker's Greaves
Black Cleaver
The Bloodthirster
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Trinity Force

Pretty much any carry can succeed with this build.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Trinity is stupid on Vayne

In the past, now, and probably the future.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

it's a decent item but it's more for a burst champion who can auto proc it. vayne has so much damage in her kit late game that the proc's not even worth it.

Datah

10-06-2012

A few reasons Vayne doesn't want Trinity Force:

1. You do not need Phage procs for chasing. Your passive and tumble are more than enough.

2. Vayne loves attack speed to proc W and because she has such huge AD steroids. PD gives you more AS and crit than triforce, and the same movespeed, for 1200 gold less.

3. Vayne has a hard laning phase, so cheaper builds are quite a lot nicer. Bloodthirster into Zeal into PD is a lot cheaper than Triforce first then buying actual damage.

4. You want some AS on Vayne early, but you probably still want to buy Zeal as your last TF component. So you might end up delaying it even further with Boots2 before finishing the Triforce, which, with a hard laning phase, could spell trouble.

5. No AP scaling whatsoever. It's a meaningless stat on her. So that 30AP (and the gold it's worth) is wasted on the TF.

There are two primary reasons Triforce could be a good idea. The first is that Sheen procs on tumble might help a lot with early game damage trades. The second is that Phage makes you a lot more tanky in lane and opens the possibility to disengage more easily (losing your passive when you back off makes running impractical on Vayne against things that can close gaps sometimes). This might allow you to avoid buying non-optimal defensive items if you're having a really hard time in lane. Zeal would still be your last component because Vayne skills Q before W.

All in all I feel like Triforce is mainly for Ezreal and Corki as far as AD carries go. I'm sure it wouldn't be horrible on Vayne, but it doesn't seem like something you'd ever want to build over more AD or a Phantom Dancer.

These days I like Bloodthirster -> Triforce/PD -> defensive item -> LW -> IE on carries most games, sometimes getting the Triforce first on Ezreal or Corki. The main difference on Vayne (and other especially auto-reliant carries) is that I'd get boots2 before finishing my Bloodthirster a lot more often than on Corki or Ezreal. Even that isn't that important on Vayne though because you can get 3 fast autos with Tumble and Condemn anyway.

I do think Black Cleaver on Vayne over LW might be a great idea fairly often for obvious reasons. Maybe even an early Black Cleaver sometimes, although that could backfire on you easily.

But I am quite bad at this game, and have essentially zero experience, so you should not listen to me. =p

Eninya

10-07-2012

Triforce is just a chaser/kiting item. For less money, you could get Infinity Edge and just kill your targets in 6 shots max while your ult is up.

Thorston13

10-07-2012

Most people will say it doesn't works or that it's sucks on Vayne.
But in my opinion it goes really with her, the slow the proc on your Q (2sec cd) and the stats that it gives.
I don't build IE on Vayne, i don't really like hitting the 1k+ crits, if they thornmail they will get you, you can avoid it every 3 hits, but it will lower you down.
I usually go for double BT, BC, PD, Trinity, if they have high armor rating then i exchange a BT for a Last Whisper or PD for a Yoomus and it works out fine.
But yeah, i do it like this;
Boots+pots -->zeal or 2 doran swords --->BF-->Zeal (if i dont have) or vamp scepter and BC and the rest it depends fully on the enemy playstyle and what you want, i take BC to take kills (It's easier as vayne to get Kills than farm minions early) or the BT for tower and that's about it.

Amoc

10-09-2012

No offense Thorston, but your opinion is bad. Trinity Force is an aweful item on Vayne. Sure, it provides benefits to her, but it's one of the least efficient purchases you can get for her. Sheen is next to useless on her. Phage is almost just as bad.

You said you don't like hitting for 1k+ crits....I'm guessing you're trolling?

Thornmail...lol

Tzeth

10-09-2012

THE ONLY TIME you should build trin force as ur main core with vayne is if ur laning with a support NUNU since it already provide you a free PD. Meanwhile, have a trin force with nunu and building IE and BT will provide you with the best AD damage in the game as an adc.

Youll be an absolute TANK destroyer..

YOU BUILD TRIN FORCE WHEN U LANE WITH A NUNU thats it!

Amoc

10-09-2012

Even if you're with nunu you're still better off building something else. Build a BC, or a BT or GA before you build a Trin.