Should Riot make a "water is healing" style support Champion?

Yes 783 89.79%
No 89 10.21%
Voters: 872. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: For a future support, can you go with the "water is healing" angle?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

10-29-2012

Bump?

Taikero

10-29-2012

I'd be interested to see a water support type of champion whose abilities took effect over time and become more painful/effective over time.

Perhaps a "drowning" effect spell that deals damage to a target over time (damage starts small, gets more painful over the duration).
Then a "healing" effect spell that restores health gradually over time (effectively improving health regeneration on a target).
Third, a "running through water" shackling type of spell that slows more and more over a duration (e.g. 5 second slow, first second is 20% slow, second is 25%, third is 30%, up to 40% at 5th second).

For the ultimate, the champion creates a large whirlpool that lasts 5 seconds or so, slowly sucking enemies into the center (running away at first would slow you but not prevent you from trying to escape), pulling harder as the whirlpool continues and dealing more damage the closer enemies are to the center.

To me, this would be.....basically one of the coolest support champions ever.

Youso1337

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
I'd be interested to see a water support type of champion whose abilities took effect over time and become more painful/effective over time.

Perhaps a "drowning" effect spell that deals damage to a target over time (damage starts small, gets more painful over the duration).
Then a "healing" effect spell that restores health gradually over time (effectively improving health regeneration on a target).
Third, a "running through water" shackling type of spell that slows more and more over a duration (e.g. 5 second slow, first second is 20% slow, second is 25%, third is 30%, up to 40% at 5th second).

For the ultimate, the champion creates a large whirlpool that lasts 5 seconds or so, slowly sucking enemies into the center (running away at first would slow you but not prevent you from trying to escape), pulling harder as the whirlpool continues and dealing more damage the closer enemies are to the center.

To me, this would be.....basically one of the coolest support champions ever.
Your idea on the whirlpool actually has given me an idea on how to change up Yue's Q. (If I decide to go with it, you'll be credited.)
Quote:
Whirlpool
First Cast
Yue begins to conjure a whirlpool, gradually increasing its size, damage, and slowing power.

Second Cast
Yue creates a whirlpool at target location for 2-3 seconds (undecided), damaging and slowing enemies within it every half-second. Enemies within the center of the whirlpool take bonus damage and receive a stronger slow.

While preparing the whirlpool, Yue cannot attack or use abilities, and her movement speed is slowed by 20%. After 4 seconds, Whirlpool fails but refunds half its mana cost.

If a Water Elemental is within the area of Whirlpool, it receives increased attack damage.

Higher levels increase the damage, reduce the cooldown, and improve the bonus AD given to Water Elementals.
Might be just the thing I was looking for.

NightVicious

11-16-2012

And so, the water based champion known as "Nami" was born.