Should Riot make a "water is healing" style support Champion?

Yes 783 89.79%
No 89 10.21%
Voters: 872. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: For a future support, can you go with the "water is healing" angle?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeolian Melodies

Senior Member

09-30-2012

I'd instabuy.

Just sayin'.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Maybe you weren't around for it. AoE sustain poke meta was the most boring thing that ever happened to this game. Far worse than the current one.
I doubt very much that Yue would be able to use her heals for strong sustain in laning. The healing for each individual target is weaker than other comparable heals (i.e. Taric).

Besides, if AOE heals are so bad, why is Karma so underused?

Also, I've been around since League was released from open beta. I went through that meta.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirc View Post
Really made Karma overpowered didn't it
So we're going to release this champion with Karma's numbers and make her extremely underpowered? Or are we going to release this champion to numbers that actually makes that Q worth using and therefore overpowered? Furthermore, Karma has to burn a mantra and thus make an actual gameplay decision to use her heal, this champion has it as her regular Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiark

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Might actually play support if this happens :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
So we're going to release this champion with Karma's numbers and make her extremely underpowered? Or are we going to release this champion to numbers that actually makes that Q worth using and therefore overpowered? Furthermore, Karma has to burn a mantra and thus make an actual gameplay decision to use her heal, this champion has it as her regular Q.
Have you seen what a Karma can do for an ally that has 10% health left? The amount of healing she can give there is ABSURD, and then she can shield an ally, basically giving them an extra 1K HP.

You also have to consider that for Yue to have even a comparable heal with her Q, she has to CHARGE IT first, during which time she can't do ANYTHING ELSE. Big drawback.

Please don't compare single Champion skills; Riot has always said that that's unfair.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenJava

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
AoE heal no thanks
Wish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ai shi teru

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Never seen anyone as seriously dedicated to the community as you with all these concepts -.^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Never seen anyone as seriously dedicated to the community as you with all these concepts -.^
Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
Have you seen what a Karma can do for an ally that has 10% health left? The amount of healing she can give there is ABSURD, and then she can shield an ally, basically giving them an extra 1K HP.

You also have to consider that for Yue to have even a comparable heal with her Q, she has to CHARGE IT first, during which time she can't do ANYTHING ELSE. Big drawback.
That's the thing. Karma's heal isn't a sustaining heal. It's meant to be clutch. That's why they have that mechanic there combined with mantra cost. Your champion has AoE heal as her regular old Q.

If her drawback is that she has to charge it for however long before it heals a good amount, then there's another problem there in player satisfaction. One example of this is Irelia's ult. A lot of people thought her ult was weak, even prior to nerfs. This was the ult that heals as much as Mundo ult and hurt more than Annie's Tibbers impact and had a shorter cooldown. People thought it was weak because the heal was gradual and you have to land all four knives to make the damage strong.

Not the same mechanic, but the problem you're facing now is that she has to potentially charge her wave to full to heal a satisfying amount, and that requires her teammates to actually run into it. If they're not moving around, then you're in a sustain situation which is a specific thing they DON'T want to add to the game.

Quote:
Please don't compare single Champion skills; Riot has always said that that's unfair.
She also has a spell similar to one of Yorick's ghouls and an E that could be an ult unless the cooldown was very long or mana cost extremely high. The ult itself sounds fine as long as the heal number, duration, and cooldown are fine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJava
Wish.
It has over a 2 minute CD. It would be a design problem to make this champion's Q have that long of a CD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
That's the thing. Karma's heal isn't a sustaining heal. It's meant to be clutch. That's why they have that mechanic there combined with mantra cost. Your champion has AoE heal as her regular old Q.

If her drawback is that she has to charge it for however long before it heals a good amount, then there's another problem there in player satisfaction. One example of this is Irelia's ult. A lot of people thought her ult was weak, even prior to nerfs. This was the ult that heals as much as Mundo ult and hurt more than Annie's Tibbers impact and had a shorter cooldown. People thought it was weak because the heal was gradual and you have to land all four knives to make the damage strong.

Not the same mechanic, but the problem you're facing now is that she has to potentially charge her wave to full to heal a satisfying amount, and that requires her teammates to actually run into it. If they're not moving around, then you're in a sustain situation which is a specific thing they DON'T want to add to the game.

She also has a spell similar to one of Yorick's ghouls and an E that could be an ult unless the cooldown was very long or mana cost extremely high. The ult itself sounds fine as long as the heal number, duration, and cooldown are fine.


It has over a 2 minute CD. It would be a design problem to make this champion's Q have that long of a CD.
You sound like Morello when you say those things. Are you trying to take his NMST position?


12345612 ... 22