Silver 1 is so trash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heyguesswhotwee

09-14-2013

Clamping is so stupid tbh. Overcoming a division shouldn't require a 14 game win streak to promos where you need a bo5. Not to mention in s1 you play gold2-5s. It's a broken system if you decided to duo with a friend who placed lower than you it penalizes you hard. Before you say stupid things like win more than you lose understand overcoming this slumpy ass +3 or 5 lp gain is impossible given the randomness of teammates. I hope s4 is different.

Lead Death

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2013

it doesn't require a win streak, it just requires you to win@ the top a little.

weedyo

09-14-2013

It's impossible to overcome? How come people still make the leap then?

Also, congrats on calling yourself trash.

SuicideCreamPuff

09-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIIIllllIIIIlll View Post
Clamping is so stupid tbh. Overcoming a division shouldn't require a 14 game win streak to promos where you need a bo5. Not to mention in s1 you play gold2-5s. It's a broken system if you decided to duo with a friend who placed lower than you it penalizes you hard. Before you say stupid things like win more than you lose understand overcoming this slumpy ass +3 or 5 lp gain is impossible given the randomness of teammates. I hope s4 is different.
if you are gaining less than 8 LP per win, you are actually at a HIGHER division than you SHOULD be, you should be THANKING riot for giving you a higher division than you deserve

i personally hate the best of 5 thing myself, such a huge time sink if you fail it

LoveSparkle

09-14-2013

When ELO balances out you should be gaining and losing 5LP a game. And adjust for red and blue side advantages. (Think it is flat 2 or 3 points, I forget)

You are in silver 1, but you probably have an mmr of silver 2 if that makes sense.

SinnerMagnius

09-14-2013

Quote:
Before you say stupid things like win more than you lose understand overcoming this slumpy ass +3 or 5 lp gain is impossible given the randomness of teammates.

Win more is the answer, all you need to do is win more than you lose, even if it's just by 1 or 2 you'll eventually break that ceiling. Same goes for the promo games, 1 win more than your loss count is all you need.

Rhythik

09-14-2013

I understand these feels. The League system; while a good concept; really needs some refinement. The way it is now just doesn't work out fairly, I feel. But it's not impossible. Something I've had nice results with is simply being a friendly player who is enjoyable and staying out of arguments that may spring up. It keeps team morale higher than having a flame war, and it allows your team to stay more focused on what matters. You'll typically win more games.
Of course, I haven't been able to climb out of Bronze for the life of me, but it's still good advice, nonetheless. xD

Heyguesswhotwee

09-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyo View Post
It's impossible to overcome? How come people still make the leap then?

Also, congrats on calling yourself trash.
It's purely luck based. Don't bs me.

Wiz Khalifa

09-14-2013

I went from S5 to G5 duoing with my B3 friend who is now S4 I believe.. Think I have 115 games played or something won like 65-70 games.. I wanna say that its not impossible you probably just aren't that good.

weedyo

09-14-2013

Quote:
It's purely luck based. Don't bs me.
Wildturtle has 3 accounts in Challenger Tier. Is that luck too?

Words of advice: Carrying games is more than just having a good KDA. Understanding objective control, not being a Toxic influence in chat, and helping out other lanes that are losing are all important. If you are stuck, then there is something you are doing wrong and you need to figure it out objectively.

Complaining about the system sure as heck won't get you out.

Looking at your LoLking profile games one thing that sticks out is you have a considerably low amount of CS in some very long games. Especially considering you were playing ADC in these games.