Smite and Leash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unredeem

09-30-2012

These are NOT necessary 100% time a player decides to jungle. Yet I get flamed, reported, and even have teammates leave the game just because I decide not to use them. I do pretty okay, and sometimes perform excellently recieving an apology from my teammates. I just think this "meta" gets absolutely ridiculous sometimes. A well built Udyr can easily handle the jungle without smite, and often leash. Do I need to be ignorant to this just to appease my ignorant random teammates?

Estred Shantile

09-30-2012

If they really REALLY want to leash for your Udyr then I guess let them waste their lane time. I jungle Shyvana and with a quick base port she doesn't really need leash either (though she does need smite early) There are plenty of Meta's I do and don't agree with, considering you lose nothing to accept a leash I would say just take it. As per the flames/anger you receive at not taking smite, well I don't have much advice for that except prove them wrong but know that you are going to get raged at. Sadly impatience and raging at allies seems to be rampant especially in Normals, I don't know about Ranked but I would image to find the same quick to anger people there too.
Best of luck on the Rift keep trying.

AeonTek

09-30-2012

People rage at you when you don't take smite because smite is used to secure buffs, dragon, and Baron. They have probably been in games where they had those things stolen, and a stolen Baron can easily change the game. They don't give a Damn about your clear times, just that their dragon and Baron are secure.

TeknoWizard

09-30-2012

Have fun with your no smite. If I'm jungling against you, I can guarantee you would never get either of your buffs after they spawn the second time. Plus, if you really want exhaust or something, just pick a jungler that doesn't need flash, like Mundo or Lee Sin. And if you're running ignite on a jungler, than you're just kill hungry, and you should reevaluate your stance as a jungler. None of this is meant rudely.

llamasx

09-30-2012

Sure you can go smiteless and no leash but why?

If mid soft leashes your blue they don't miss any cs and you'll take a lot less damage than you otherwise would so why complain about that?

Also what would you take instead of smite? Exhaust? If the opponents realize you're running something other than smite they'll ward up better and your exhaust will be useless since you'll have to turret dive when they see you coming from a mile away. You might be able to run teleport instead and get something if you have a good stun but the cooldown on that is still huge.

Also their jungler could drop a few wards at your red / blue and just steal all your buffs and possibly kill you right afterwards. Not having smite also makes it harder for you to counter jungle if you choose to do so. And as someone mentioned earlier.. baron and dragon... Having a 700+ damage nuke to last hit vs not having it makes a difference. imo you can go smiteless but its not really worth it unless your opponent also doesn't run smite... but you wouldn't know that until the game started.

Atacand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serran View Post
People rage at you when you don't take smite because smite is used to secure buffs, dragon, and Baron. They have probably been in games where they had those things stolen, and a stolen Baron can easily change the game. They don't give a Damn about your clear times, just that their dragon and Baron are secure.
I totally agree with Serran.

Get objectives stolen because jungler decides that he is too cool for smite? I can see why players would rather Q dodge than play with a smiteless Udyr.

Also before calling your teammates random and ignorant, please give yourself a chance to analyse the situation before you start criticising.

Estred Shantile

09-30-2012

Yeah, I could agree with the posters below me. My original response was targeted at trying to mitigate rage against you but really, the Meta on jungle is there for a reason and buff securing is a major one.

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

I don't care if you can jungle without Smite. Smite isn't for your own benefit - it is for the team. When we get dragon or baron stolen because you couldn't smite it - it is 100% your fault. A stolen baron generally means a lost game too, so by not choosing Smite, you just cost your team the game.

Even if it happens in 1 out of 10 games you play, you single-handedly lost your team the game because you refused to pick up Smite.

Not to mention any decent jungler will make sure your team never has a blue or red buff for the rest of the game if you are running without Smite. In short, you are hurting your team by not getting Smite.