Should Co-op vs. AI be supported on the twisted treeline?

Yes, of course. 576 85.33%
No, not really. 67 9.93%
I'm not sure. 26 3.85%
Other (please post below). 6 0.89%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think TT should support Co-op vs AI?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I can totally see Red's spending weeks to build a new game mode to make sub-5000 people slightly happier, while generating Riot 0 dollars... Or they can spend that same amount of time making more skins, generating hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Yeah, they will definitely make Coop vs AI for TT, just like how Riot has done a great job balancing TT over the last 2 years...

Was I supposed to add a /s?

Friggid

10-01-2012

Riot didnt even front when it came to balancing TT, they just said not going to happen the games balanced around SR so i dont kno what ur trying to say...

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

10-02-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

I respect all your opinions, I think in my original message I did not clearly reflect my thoughts. Everyone loves new feature, even I do. The central issue is allocation of engineering resource, after all, this is no small matter to construct. So I didn’t really expect people would vote “no” on feature request for Coop vs AI for TT, I simply want to see how many people voted yes for obvious reasons.

Regardless of the result of this vote, I will forward this request to my team, and make some serious considerations regarding this request. I cannot give you any hard promises, but I will keep you updated on our progress regarding this matter.

Convict24601

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I respect all your opinions, I think in my original message I did not clearly reflect my thoughts. Everyone loves new feature, even I do. The central issue is allocation of engineering resource, after all, this is no small matter to construct. So I didn’t really expect people would vote “no” on feature request for Coop vs AI for TT, I simply want to see how many people voted yes for obvious reasons.

Regardless of the result of this vote, I will forward this request to my team, and make some serious considerations regarding this request. I cannot give you any hard promises, but I will keep you updated on our progress regarding this matter.
So does spending time on developing TT bots mean that less time would be spent into improving SR bots? If so, then I suppose I would have too choose SR bots being improved since that game mode tends to be a lot more popular than TT is anyways...even though I really, really, really wish there was a bot mode to begin with for TT when I first started out so I could know wtf I was doing without fear of messing things up for my teammates in a real match =/

TheMasterZails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

The biggest reason for this would be getting used to the map with out being stomped be players who play it 100+ times

roboticaust

Recruiter

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
inb4NDA gets in the way

Doctor Tam

10-02-2012

I would not want to see Twisted Treeline bots until they fixed some of the aspects of the map itself (spawn fountain range, walls around dragon)

xkhazixmaster18

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict24601 View Post
So does spending time on developing TT bots mean that less time would be spent into improving SR bots? If so, then I suppose I would have too choose SR bots being improved since that game mode tends to be a lot more popular than TT is anyways...even though I really, really, really wish there was a bot mode to begin with for TT when I first started out so I could know wtf I was doing without fear of messing things up for my teammates in a real match =/
The problem is that TT is so much less popular BECAUSE it's completely neglected in this respect. If TT and SR were given the same treatment, I would expect the total number of players on both game modes to be roughly the same.

LOL isn't just another DoTA mod, it's got a life of it's own. TT is a game mode that is unique to LOL, and really, that uniqueness is probably one of the best strengths LOL has in attracting new players.

daidal

10-02-2012

I'd love a TT Co-op vs AI. I spent a long time getting comfortable in bots for SR, and not having that practice for Twisted Treeline is probably the biggest deterrent for me personally.

I think it would be especially beneficial for that map- I hear the jungle creeps are pretty unforgiving, line of sight/ward spots seem counter-intuitive, and effective champions/team compositions are way different than SR.

It's up to Riot to decide if it's worth the development time/manpower vs the number of users benefiting, of course. But I know there's a population of players that were weaned off bots to PVP, as well as dedicated co-op vs AI players, that would appreciate the feature.

Weebos

10-02-2012

Training in Twisted Treeline bots mode would be hella clutch yo.