Started playing Ranked matches... No tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Euphemie

09-24-2010

Out of the few matches I've played, no one has picked a tank. So yeah, 5 squishies vs their team of tanks. It's like everyone wants to dps carry and no one wants to tank.

I've tanked my way to 30 so yeah, taking a break from tanking and this is what i find.

TVB Johnsmom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2010

It's hard to expect people with brains. Honestly. Unless you live in a different world where people have brains, you won't have tanks unless you get an arranged team. If where you live people DO have brains, tell me so I can move my **** in 1 day.

Rhinotaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

You have to go into ranked willing to play any role. You should have tanked

Twigod

09-24-2010

This is unfortunate, the point of ranked is to take things a bit more competativly/seriously, so someone should have tanked, including you; if you want a break from tanking, don't go somewhere where you might *need* to tank, just go to normal and insta-lock your DPS like the rest of us

Azarhac

09-24-2010

Very true, this was a big problem for me because Amumu and Mordekaiser get banned often, now I switched to my new tank Mundo build which works way better than it used to few patches back.

warmonkey

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemie View Post
It's like everyone wants to dps carry and no one wants to tank. .
welcome to LoL, would you like a side of "*****ing about supports that prevent my leet deeps from facerolling everyone" with that?

Cerys

09-24-2010

It's weird, because I see more people willing to play tanks and work around team composition in unranked games than ranked ones. People are also more willing to talk before the game starts, too.

I try talking and figure out what everyone wants to play in ranked games, and people just ignore me and pick whatever. This is especially frustrating if I'm first pick, because I have no idea what to go with. Sure, I can pick a tank, but then when the 2nd, 4th, and 5th guy also pick tanks it's like... whhhhyyyyy????

And sure enough, if I'm first pick and don't pick a tank, no one picks a tank.

I've never had this problem in unranked games. Probably partially because there's no draft mode, but you'd think that draft mode would help the situation for the better instead of making it worse.

roninsm

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemie View Post
... their team of tanks...
wait, what?