I'll bet more APs could jungle...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

09-29-2012

... if they had a decent item they could build from Cloth Armor.

Garaze

09-30-2012

There are alot of AP's who can jungle.

Kagami

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garaze View Post
There are alot of AP's who can jungle.
yes, but lack of good cloth armor upgrade(unless you go Omen, FH, or ninja tabi situational useful on AP junglers at best) restricts your starting items to boots 3 pots/Codex 1 pot/doran ring/Sapphire +2 pots(lol)/Ruby Crystal(lol) and not every AP jungler can afford to start with 0-1 pots, forcing boots which if the cost increase happens they will be lacking options, and regrowth pedant is bleh since you usually don't want to go GP10 items on them.

I am not asking for something to help AP junglers faster, or get spellvamp, and armor, but I am asking for cloth armor to build into some sort of early-mid game AP item to make it a more viable starting item </rant>.

Yuan Shikai

09-30-2012

There will be no item for that, Riot intentionally gives every AŘ that is SUPPOSED to be able to jungle the tools for that in their kits, AP's who cannot do it with their kit are not SUPPOSED to be junglers.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

^ And due to that, this means that any AP jungler can start with whatever item they want.

If AP had their own early game jungling item, I would seriously start jungling Brand. Like, every game.

axesandspears

09-30-2012

There are two main reasons why ap champions rarely jungle:
-They scale best with levels--solo lane.
-They do well in solo lanes.

Most champions that often jungle are difficult to lane with, and that is one of the two main reasons for a champion to jungle.

The scarcity of ap junglers is not an itemization issue; therefore, it is foolish to suggest items for this purpose. Most ap champions actually jungle quite well.

Kagami

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
^ And due to that, this means that any AP jungler can start with whatever item they want.
Diana must start boots, there is no other viable option(besides regrowth pedant, but see previous argument) since she needs the potions to clear early game and codex/doran don't let you get any really.

Rawring Donut

09-30-2012

It depends what you consider an ap jungler is. If you consider any jungler that has mainly ap scaling abilities there is a pretty good amount.

Alistar
Amumu
Blitz
Cho
Diana
Eve
Fiddle
Malphite
Maokia
Naut
Nunu
Rengar (kinda)
Shen
Singed

I may have missed some and also you can possibly argue about some that i have listed. However either way there is a decent amount of "Ap junglers"

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Diana must start boots, there is no other viable option(besides regrowth pedant, but see previous argument) since she needs the potions to clear early game and codex/doran don't let you get any really.
Well then it's really gonna suck for Diana because post-season, Boots are getting a large cost increase.

You have a rune page so you can cover early weakness. Not enough sustain/defense? Get sustain/defense runes. Not fast enough jungling? Almost every jungler does better with AS Marks. Mobility? MS Quints.

3mptylord

09-30-2012

I'm not looking forward to the boots change with regards to jungling. That is, unless they add the Crest of Flowing Water to Summoner's Rift's wraiths. Junglers with slow clear times will become even weaker.

I still reckon increasing the starting gold would fix more issues, in conjunction with the boot price increase.