The Maps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iytrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

So....Firstly, I've not very well versed in the meta for TT or SR so I may not know all of how this exactly works but....here goes.

So, due to my early days in league I didn't have time to play for long stretches so I stuck to 3s a lot. I got really comfortable with them and play them mostly to this day.

I realized this game is SR. League of Legends, Tournaments, Ranks, MOBA games, it's all about the 5v5/SR map. I realize that all the time and balance goes into this map and that it is the heart of the game.

That being said though, I don't like it. It's just too slow. I don't enjoy the pacing. 3s feel more tight and quick to me. You also have a lot more self reliance. Each player counts a LOT, and if you do really well you can help your team. I had a 5s game where I went mid as viktor, I did amazing, went 12-2-something against their Kass and just....deystroyed. This meants NOTHING though. I couldn't pull through for my teams failures, in 5s if your team isn't super strong and held together, you lose. I just can't rely on 4 strangers to magically bond and hold together with me to make a team.

3s though I can rely on myself. Good teamwork wins the game in 3s as well, but you don't have the whole world fall apart on you when you don't have your whole team functioning perfectly.

That being said.....5s are balanced and flow evenly and 3s do not do those things. Is it possible to design a map that has the niceness of 3s, the smaller teams, smaller map, but have the balance and care of the 5s map? I feel like it shouldn't be impossible....maybe TT just needs a huge overhaul, but it's just my thoughts and thought I would share them.

Nuroko

09-30-2012

I agree up to the part where you say that TT can be done by yourself.

That is not REALLY true... I mean, when you start playing, the minimal advantage that you have over your lane matchup is already a free win, that's unquestionable. But if you ever go tri-queue, the enemy teams tend to be a lot more challenging, as well as your team; I'm just saying that this is not the type of game for you to just put the allies beside and do the carrying, but to learn how to win the game making every member count.

Iytrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Oh I know Nuroko. I don't feel like TT or SR are either fully your winning the game or fully teamwork or it all falls completely apart. Like when I get fed on TT I feel like "okay, we got this" and I can romp around the map while being slightly safe and picking off kills. Then when it's time for a push I get with my team, with me at the point, and plow to victory. On SR if I get fed.....nothing seems to change. I can do well, and I can win small fights, but I can't roam around, when I kill my turret I feel a bit....lost in lane. I feel like I would like SR a lot more if I got a good team comp and did more draft or ranked games so I get less of the loose feeling of SR, but I still would like to see a more....viable 3s. Something people can take seriously competitively and something that won't have a "trynd is op" page on the front every day.