ARAM serious thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kingdo

09-29-2012

Don't see hardly any ARAM discussion anywhere, on any forum. It's very popular now with proving grounds, the new map.
GP5 is huge in it, as is magic resist. 95% of the characters I pick I use one of 2 pages:
one with gp5, gp5, MR/lvl, and mpen, the other identical but with armor pen.
Most characters I Start with phil stone + ruby, or phil stone + boots, depending if tanky char or longer ranged toon.
Even if I barely get any kills, I almost always have most gold and am just as effective late game.
I quit playing normals a while ago cause dominion is faster paced and more fun, and recently gave up dominion cause I just like the feel of ARAM on new map better.
Add your thoughts here, chime in, and flame what I'm saying (don't have to say that last part do I?)

Mambazo

09-29-2012

I don't build a whole lot of gp5 in aram, usually just a starting HoG or Philo if my champ has no innate sustain. You already get hugely increased gp5 on the map. But if it works for you that's cool.

You're right about magic resist being key. 90% of the game is spent in a pokefest, and most poke is magic damage. I only build some armor to take turret shots, or if they have a very heavy AD team, like panth/sivir/trist all on the same team. FoN rocks aram, because of the high magic resist and regen. The movespeed is just a bonus.

Champs I've found extremely powerful:
Twisted Fate
Anivia
AP Yi
Blitzcrank
Cass
Ezrael, AP or AD
Fiddlesticks
Jarvan- due to the prevalence of heal and barrier in ARAM, you don't see many flashes! Meaning you can trap 3+ people in your ult and they are screwed.
Kassadin
Katarina
Leblanc
Lux
AP Nidalee
Taric
Soraka
Zilean

As you can see, most of the strong ARAM champs are AP carries. Other strong points are tools that punish poor positioning or put enemy champs out of position. Soraka and Taric bring such great team utility to the table through auras and team sustain that they can swing games.

kingdo

09-30-2012

yeup I like you're shortlist. Would like to point out, I see support soraka as a fail character. The best I play, and see her played, is CDR/tanky. And katarina gets out of control quickly, more so than any other character.

Cocoabutter

10-01-2012

I only play ARAM. I've kept up with my game stats in my chat box on friends list - I'm like 130-40 currently.

Aura's win games. I almost always start out with a GP5 item or a Catalyst - depends on who l random.

Sona, Janna, Blitz, Nidalee, TF and Lux, Amumu are OP.

Jalian

10-01-2012

Veigar can be game defining

Legeril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Alistar is deadly, and malphite can wreck AP teams