The Garen Syndrome.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gurglingemu

09-24-2010

What?

I love having Garen on my team.

gwap

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosmokist View Post
and we were fighting a 90% physical dps team with the exception of Sona.
It would actually be 80%.

Deadfate

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwap View Post
It would actually be 80%.
Logic doesn't apply to QQ threads, only what the OP had in mind is correct.

Diomyr

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurglingemu View Post
What?

I love having Garen on my team.
Me too, unless it's one of *those* Garens. Those that just make me go "OMG WTF YOU ARE THE WORST GAREN I'VE EVER SEEN!"

Masaba

09-24-2010

I agree with what several other people have said. I was expecting the 'Garen Syndrome' to be the tendency of some Garen players to turret dive around level 3-4, die, and then blame their laning partner for not helping them.

Faeces

09-24-2010

[QUOTE=Rhiden;2061506]Yes you read it right gentlemen and gentlemen (lol no girls on internet.) In this guide I will help you be all the noob can be.

First Step ~ You suck I RULE. Your the best thing to happen to this game and now its time to prove it. A good way to establish dominance is to run recklessly into opponents, it doesn't matter how many there are. Your the **** and you better let the other team as well as your own know that. Now if by chance you ARE killed by their entire team as you try to solo them (dont worry you got this ****) blame the nearest team mate near you. Just remember its ALWAYS their fault no matter what they say. They might throw remarks at you like "Dude you ran right into their turret" but **** that noise, they suck you rule remember that.

But really you should read the whole thing http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=176506

ssyd

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosmokist View Post
I am a Garen player. Yes, I admit that I play one of the forum's most popularly "OMFG SO OP WDF DEMACIA SPIN FDL" champions.

However, I have recently started playing some ranked matches and have come to a serious conclusion regarding the psychological phenomenon occuring when a team mate sees another playing as Garen.

Through lots of Garen playing, I have observed several traits of certain kinds of players that help my team end up losing. The first is recorded when I pick Garen, and usually, a team mate says something along the lines of "LOL GAREN LOLOLOL", either in a negative or positive way.

We enter the game and I always got bottom lane with whoever else is bottom lane, letting our main dps/carry solo. Usually, the guy who just commented on my use of Garen is the first to die and just so happens to think that it MUST be my fault, because a Garen with 20 hp is as useful as a Garen with a million hp, or a Garen at base can simply teleport instantly (without Teleport of course, why would you have Teleport to teleport?) to the other teams bottom tower to save them. Over the course of time, several team mates have fed the other team and I, as Garen, am mostly tanking as expected and unleashing my deadly (if they're not expecting you to sell your boots and build 6 Sunfire Capes) spin when I can, and saving my ulti for last hits (that's what it is for, that's what I will use it for), however I see a teammate fall and instantly say "GAREN WTF YOU ARE THE WORST GAREN EVER OMFG", when clearly it is not my fault for their stupid actions, or it must be considering Garen is the Jesus Christ of League of Legends, isn't he? Of course he is, one guy told me "HEY, JUST BUILD A LOT OF SUNFIRES AND GET A FORCE OF NATURE AND YOU CAN SOLO THEIR WHOLE TEAM!!!" Of course, this came naturally from a Blitzcrank building pure AP and no tanking items, and we were fighting a 90% physical dps team with the exception of Sona.

The game is coming to an end, with my team having about 10 kills (5 of which were mine, obtained by saving our feeding Kassadin and horrible Blitzcrank), and the other having about a million times that (only of which 5 were mine by the VERY end of the game).

And wouldn't you know it... "WHAT THE F**** GAREN YOU'RE THE WORST GAREN I'VE EVER SEEN OMFGAWD ITZ ALL UR FAWLT".

I call this, The Garen Syndrome.

Cure? Well, I think that's up to the player, not the champion.
This is not Garen Syndrome. The disease has been misdiagnosed. It is actually LoL Disease and it's more widespread than the bubonic plague. Symptoms of LoL disease are characterized by the "It's your fault I died" and "I'm the only good player in this game" mentalities.