Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Garen Syndrome.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShubNiggurath666

09-24-2010

Quote:
Letkhar:
No, Garen Syndrome always has an always will be a descriptor for the suicidal tendencies of Garen players who think they're invincible.

My thought exactly when I came to to thread and why I replied sarcastically because he's doing Garen Syndrome symptoms wrong...

Seventy Times 7

09-24-2010

Quote:
Raptamei:
You're playing a hero that was intentionally made easy to play to appeal to newbies.

I have to agree, if you're bad with Garen, you're probably bad with everyone.

Mikhal

09-24-2010

Quote:
Necrosmokist:

However, I have recently started playing some ranked matches.

The problem is you recently started ranked games - noobs who think they're hardcore pro are ranked with you regardless of how good you are. Once they join the bandwagon of "I don't deserve to lose no matter how poor I play" - they will blame the next op champion. It just happens that the fotm is Garen and you're on their team. Otherwise they would blame you for killing them all (if you were on the other team) even if you weren't.

Malak al Maut

09-24-2010

What I usually see is the team that doesm't have Garen *****es and whines all game about Garen evern when Garen isn't doing ****. Garen went 1-5-26 on the losing team? "Garen ****ing OP."

Everyone focuses Garen and he gets away? "Garen ****ing OP."
Garen last hits your Miss Fortune that was going to die anyway? "Garen ****ing OP."
You walk into a brush and see a wild Garen. You flash out. You walk back in less than a minute later thinking he went back to base at level 2, you die. "Garen ****ing OP."
The enemy team wins because they were carried by an Amumu + Morgana combo. Garen sort of stood there and didn't die while failing at damage? "Garen ****ing OP"
A tier list puts Garen on T1/2? "Everything about Garen is ****ing OP, always, no questions asked."

Nanners

09-24-2010

Garen is just an FOTM champ. You'll get over him when he isnt that good anymore.l

Necrosmokist

09-24-2010

Quote:
Seventy Times 7:
I have to agree, if you're bad with Garen, you're probably bad with everyone.

That's the thing, i'm not cocky, but i'm not bad with Garen, but when I have a feeding team mate I'M blamed for it, when it's completely unrelated to my position at the moment of their death, or if I die because I tanked and then after, all my "good dps/carries" run away, I become the feeder.

I think i'm just not going to play Garen anymore... being banned in every game I join now anyways/taken.

BW Sneaky QC

09-24-2010

Quote:
Letkhar:
No, Garen Syndrome always has an always will be a descriptor for the suicidal tendencies of Garen players who think they're invincible.

sounds like the mordekaiser syndrome to me.

DoomGrip

09-24-2010

garen is this great champion that you can play pretty much on auto pilot. But like all champions you still have to master the style of play.... Garen is truly the master of the bush though.

What I see as a real issue to the game is the general lack of players picking the right items to counter the tanky meta game....

Death Fire Grasp, Madreds Bloodrazors, and thornmail.

I see madreds more often but
I can go games without seeing someone buying thornmail or DFG..

icyjfrog

09-24-2010

I personally have trademarked this term garen syndrome which garen players are not allowed to use. It relates to the fact of any player even if not playing garen thinks there are garen or even being a garen thinks they are garen which truly means they think they are god and can do anything. This is making people so greedy that even though they are a garen with two sunfires and anything else they want they cannot beat five people by themselves

Deadfate

09-24-2010

Stack more sunfire capes.

Actually if you climb out of low elo Garen will be banned and you don't have to worry about this.

Also tl'dr