The Garen Syndrome.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrosmokist

09-24-2010

I am a Garen player. Yes, I admit that I play one of the forum's most popularly "OMFG SO OP WDF DEMACIA SPIN FDL" champions.

However, I have recently started playing some ranked matches and have come to a serious conclusion regarding the psychological phenomenon occuring when a team mate sees another playing as Garen.

Through lots of Garen playing, I have observed several traits of certain kinds of players that help my team end up losing. The first is recorded when I pick Garen, and usually, a team mate says something along the lines of "LOL GAREN LOLOLOL", either in a negative or positive way.

We enter the game and I always got bottom lane with whoever else is bottom lane, letting our main dps/carry solo. Usually, the guy who just commented on my use of Garen is the first to die and just so happens to think that it MUST be my fault, because a Garen with 20 hp is as useful as a Garen with a million hp, or a Garen at base can simply teleport instantly (without Teleport of course, why would you have Teleport to teleport?) to the other teams bottom tower to save them. Over the course of time, several team mates have fed the other team and I, as Garen, am mostly tanking as expected and unleashing my deadly (if they're not expecting you to sell your boots and build 6 Sunfire Capes) spin when I can, and saving my ulti for last hits (that's what it is for, that's what I will use it for), however I see a teammate fall and instantly say "GAREN WTF YOU ARE THE WORST GAREN EVER OMFG", when clearly it is not my fault for their stupid actions, or it must be considering Garen is the Jesus Christ of League of Legends, isn't he? Of course he is, one guy told me "HEY, JUST BUILD A LOT OF SUNFIRES AND GET A FORCE OF NATURE AND YOU CAN SOLO THEIR WHOLE TEAM!!!" Of course, this came naturally from a Blitzcrank building pure AP and no tanking items, and we were fighting a 90% physical dps team with the exception of Sona.

The game is coming to an end, with my team having about 10 kills (5 of which were mine, obtained by saving our feeding Kassadin and horrible Blitzcrank), and the other having about a million times that (only of which 5 were mine by the VERY end of the game).

And wouldn't you know it... "WHAT THE F**** GAREN YOU'RE THE WORST GAREN I'VE EVER SEEN OMFGAWD ITZ ALL UR FAWLT".

I call this, The Garen Syndrome.

Cure? Well, I think that's up to the player, not the champion.

Necrosmokist

09-24-2010

P.s. the Reason I am so against the building of more than 2 Sunfire capes is because what ends up happening is the opposing team sees this and TOTALLY avoids any confrontation with Garen, going for every dps they can and then, once all my team mates are dead, killing me. Of course multiple Sunfire capes are great. They gives lots of HP and do tremendous damage to anyone nearby, however that becomes Garen's only source for damage, as his Spin has a longer cooldown than it seems, considering his damage comes from his abilities, not auto attacking.

I'm also not expecting anyone to reply intelligently, as most players I play with as Garen are some how convinced that Garen has infinite HP/Armor/MagicResist and can get a pentakill with one spin when their team has full to near-full HP.

ShubNiggurath666

09-24-2010

I had to put a bookmark after the second paragraph.

I'll finish reading it tomorrow night before bed

bro.

Necrosmokist

09-24-2010

Like I said, not expecting any intelligent replies.

Raejack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

god i hate sunfire capes.

BaconMouthJoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2010

It's the "god" psychological affect. Humans don't want to be responsible for their own actions and they see Garen as an all-powerful "god" figure. They blame him like they blame god when they let their dog out and the dumb thing gets run over by a semi.

RE Bantos

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathies View Post
It's the "god" psychological affect. Humans don't want to be responsible for their own actions and they see Garen as an all-powerful "god" figure. They blame him like they blame god when they let their dog out and the dumb thing gets run over by a semi.
Garen is the Demigod of DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Raptamei

09-24-2010

You're playing a hero that was intentionally made easy to play to appeal to newbies.

Letkhar

09-24-2010

No, Garen Syndrome always has an always will be a descriptor for the suicidal tendencies of Garen players who think they're invincible.

JunkRamen

09-24-2010

I personally haven't seen this in any of the games I've played, maybe it's you.