The two MOST common LoL misconceptions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acias

09-29-2012

The perfect support would try to last hit the same creep a milisecond after the adc if he wouldn't get it so that no creeps would get lost. But that's impossible.

Farming CS is easier than killing the enemies since they usually don't walk mindlessly into you.

BLUE TEAM LEADER

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridic987 View Post
your biggest misconception about lol is thinking you have a clue how to play. I mean look at this ****:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35244627
wtf -1267 elo

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

The meta is revolved largely around supports who have abilities which are good without needing any items, most of which have no scaling.
Good examples include CC (support taric, Alistar), resistance boosts (Soraka), and various other similar moves (Infuse, rocket grab).

Also, the reason melee AD carries are often not taken bot is their utter defenselessness in teamfights: late game, they must be in the middle of combat, where it is easy to take advantage of their pitiful defense. If they build tanky, they are unable to do the damage to carry their team. If not, they are unable to survive in close quarters. I will agree that Kha'Zix is a bit of an exception, but this is mainly due to him being able to quickly jump in, assassinate a key target, and jump out when focused. Most assassins can do this, and in my opinion, assassins are fine replacements for AD carries.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymc1130 View Post
I am currently undefeated when playing as a part of this tandem in 10 games, regardless of how well or badly my other teammates played my lane dominated the entire game and usually reaches the opposing base within 15 minutes, with Kha having an average of 10 kills and Taric 10 assists
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35244627#history
I have no problem with bad players attempting to give advice.
I have a problem with bad players lying so people take their advice.

Ashreal

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridic987 View Post
your biggest misconception about LoL is thinking you have a clue how to play. I mean look at this ****:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35244627
Poor guy, his shop only sells Boots of Mobility.

jaymc1130

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior View Post
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35244627#history
I have no problem with bad players attempting to give advice.
I have a problem with bad players lying so people take their advice.
This coming from a lvl 23 with no rank... hmm

Kanamoto

09-29-2012

Quote:
OP

Hey, OP.

You're completely wrong on both counts.

Ashreal

09-29-2012

Quote:
You have a positive record with ONE champion. (Jax @ 1-0)

How do you feel like you are in a position to give anyone advice?

Astaare

09-29-2012

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that you're bad.

jaymc1130

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verxl View Post
The support should only be taking CS that the ADC won't otherwise be able to get, because having your support ahead in gold isn't nearly as meaningful as having your ADC being ahead in CS. If, by 20 minutes in, your ADC is behind theirs by 20 CS because the support took it instead, your ADC is quite a bit behind, and the benefits for the support are REALLY small (other than during the first 10 minutes or so when you're trying to get the GP/10s ASAP).

And yes, bot is for RANGED ADC, not melee. Because a ranged ADC vs. a melee one will just use infinite poke until they just completely zone the melee ADC out from being able to farm. Taking a Tryndamere or Master Yi bot is actually even worse than using Teemo as your ADC. Sure, they can work just like kill lanes can work, but you have to be quite a bit better than your opponents in order to actually function or you'll at best get even in farm but be behind because they have someone who can tear through your entire team without jumping into it.
Just flat out wrong. You cannot make general assumptions like this. As always game situations are a fluid and changing dynamic, just as the opponents you will be facing. There are some advantages to playing a melee champ bottom against certain other pairings. It depends on situations and circumstances. To say that they should never be played there is pure ignorance. To say that more often than not they should be played somewhere else is a proper statement that takes into account the multiple factors.