Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The two MOST common LoL misconceptions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaymc1130

09-29-2012

I stand corrected. We have the three most common misconceptions on here now. You absolutely need team work to win and that requires all 5 players working together and in concert to help buff each other up.

Minishmaster

09-29-2012

Quote:
jaymc1130:
Creeps only average about 20 gold. 15-25 per kill.

Creep gold value ramps over time. Melee creeps start at 21 and ranged at 17 (I think, dont want to start a game and test), but by 25 minutes the values should be around 20/24 or so.

Also, you are correct for the most part. Deaths are caused by mistakes, so in lower skill games (anything below 1700 elo ranked, basically), kill counts are extremely high. Picking champs that can capitalize on those mistakes, specifically high-damage melee AD champs like Panth and Yi, can be much more beneficial than playing a cs-focused lane and missing cs due to mistakes.

The current low-elo meta is adopted from high elo games, where 250 cs at 25 minutes is not uncommon, and neither is 2 deaths at 25 minutes. For them, a cs-focused lane is optimal. However, low skilled players who adopted this meta are not able to optimize it, and this leads to a plethora of balance issues.

jaymc1130

09-29-2012

Quote:
Durzaka:
The biggest problem with your "logic" is you assume too much about kills.

CS is a lot safer to assume than kills.

Given an even match, if the ADC is getting 10-12 kills by 15 minutes, something is seriously wrong with the enemy team.

You also are assuming that getting as much CS as possible as ADC, as well as poking the enemy and potentially killing them isn't possible. When in fact, that is exactly what a good ADC player will do.

No one says CS is more important that kills, you are also assuming that is the case in much of your post. CS IS more important for the ADC than the support though.

You might check my second paragraph. It clearly states that ADC has priority. And I would agree cs is safer than an engagement. That being said, if you never engage your opponent to take them down, you lose the game any ways. Again, common sense. In all warfare those who dictate the pace of action the best are the ones who win. Common sense since Sun-Tzu wrote the Art of Warfare. If you are not dictating the action you are losing. (Of course if you dictate the action poorly you lose too, so don't just rush into fights willy nilly. Set yourself up for a good fight by harassing the enemy into a position to be slain.)

jaymc1130

09-29-2012

Quote:
Minishmaster:
Creep gold value ramps over time. Melee creeps start at 21 and ranged at 17 (I think, dont want to start a game and test), but by 25 minutes the values should be around 20/24 or so.

Also, you are correct for the most part. Deaths are caused by mistakes, so in lower skill games (anything below 1700 elo ranked, basically), kill counts are extremely high. Picking champs that can capitalize on those mistakes, specifically high-damage melee AD champs like Panth and Yi, can be much more beneficial than playing a cs-focused lane and missing cs due to mistakes.

The current low-elo meta is adopted from high elo games, where 250 cs at 25 minutes is not uncommon, and neither is 2 deaths at 25 minutes. For them, a cs-focused lane is optimal. However, low skilled players who adopted this meta are not able to optimize it, and this leads to a plethora of balance issues.

An excellent point, and perhaps not one I took into consideration fully. The meta will certainly be different based on the skill level of opponents, and certainly this is not something that would work all the time every time. It is simply and expression of an ideal situation which many players don't even attempt to allow to to come to pass.

Frozen World

09-29-2012

Quote:
jaymc1130:
Many players believe that bottom lane is NOT for a melee adc. This is an absolutely absurd fallacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OSX79BG19c&feature=related

Anduraga

09-29-2012

If you're with a Sona, face it she's going to take some CS by accident while harassing them long enough to set up plays. Taric might melee to use his passive. Blitz's R passive might take a creep or two.

I don't mind the no CS meta. The ADC needs to carry, faster he gets there the better. I have gold quints/seals/masteries/items to make up for the lack of CS. Just don't QQ if I take your CS if you're not there, I'm harassing the enemy in lane or pushing the lane with you to get to their tower while they're away.

Also CS amounts to more gold than kills ever will. Riot has repeatedly nerfed the gold received from kills to reduce how fast snowball champs like Jax, Katarina, Karthus, Kog'Maw, Nasus, Rengar, Vayne etc.

Xcuz

09-29-2012

tl:dr

j1zzardthew1zard

09-29-2012

your biggest misconception about LoL is thinking you have a clue how to play. I mean look at this ****:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35244627

Verxl

09-29-2012

The support should only be taking CS that the ADC won't otherwise be able to get, because having your support ahead in gold isn't nearly as meaningful as having your ADC being ahead in CS. If, by 20 minutes in, your ADC is behind theirs by 20 CS because the support took it instead, your ADC is quite a bit behind, and the benefits for the support are REALLY small (other than during the first 10 minutes or so when you're trying to get the GP/10s ASAP).

And yes, bot is for RANGED ADC, not melee. Because a ranged ADC vs. a melee one will just use infinite poke until they just completely zone the melee ADC out from being able to farm. Taking a Tryndamere or Master Yi bot is actually even worse than using Teemo as your ADC. Sure, they can work just like kill lanes can work, but you have to be quite a bit better than your opponents in order to actually function or you'll at best get even in farm but be behind because they have someone who can tear through your entire team without jumping into it.

ninbushido

09-29-2012

ADCs scale much better with items and gold than supports. That is why the ADC should have all the CS.
That being said, I always do take CS from my ADC when supporting. I take it when my ADC is harassing, or just missing some CS in general. There are precious last-hits about to be taken by the minions. When that happens, I take it myself to prevent the gold loss that my ADC would not have taken anyways.