How to counter both Rengar/Kha'zix?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonic Instinct

09-29-2012

So I've been playing a lot of games lately, and they have turned out awful and ended in defeat (not by my fault, last game I played I didn't even die despite gimping myself to constantly buy vision wards since nobody else would.)

In almost all of these games, there has been both a Kha'zix and Rengar on the enemy team, and one of them usually gets fed pretty bad (not by me, but I have been dived by them once they get fed) and we end up losing.

So I have been buying a LOT of vision wards, as I usually play support, though I buy them whatever role, and I have been placing them in areas where I think one of these champions may use their stealth (for example, where the lane is frozen or somewhere around but out of range of the turret.)

So I'm wondering, what is the absolute best way of countering these champions? (Champion wise.) I know they tend to snowball and there isn't much you can do when you get a random on your team who thinks it's cool to just facecheck every bush and not bother buying wards and ends up 0-7 by the end of the game, but are there any champions (or tactics, I guess) that will just completely dominate Kha'zix and Rengar?

All advice would be appreciated. I know they are FotM but I'll gladly play a champ if I know I can shut them down.

iainB85

09-29-2012

Lee is a good pick against Kha... completely shuts down any trickery with his ultimate.

Kageras

09-29-2012

Lee is good against ANY top laner.
Oh, what's that? You want to trade?

I hope you don't mind me Safegaurding towards my turret.
What's that? Tower dive?

Let me show you the kick of my people.

Demonic Instinct

09-29-2012

I've never tried, him. I'll have to look into that. Anyone else have any ideas?

Kageras

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic Instinct View Post
I've never tried, him. I'll have to look into that. Anyone else have any ideas?
Jax / Malphite does well.
Don't choose Malphite for Kha'Zix though. I've beaten every Malph I've gone against with him. Albeit it's only been 3.

He does counter the aftereffects of Rengar's double Q though. Also he's just naturally tanky.

CeeZee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Just ban them, stealth champs force you to play passive if you want to stay safe, which is really annoying and most likely costs you the lane.
They're just like shaco, except that they don't fall off as hard as him while keeping the advantages he has.

Dragonsafe

09-29-2012

Armor.

Kat Commander

09-29-2012

Kha'Zix is really squishy, so strong early game champs would be very strong against him. Lee Sin, Riven..

Lane bullies completely zone him out because he has one ranged ability, and it costs a lot of mana. Garen could do it because Kha'Zix would jump in, get silenced and spin2win. Rumble completely zones out all melee tops, Kennen as well.

Rumble, Kennen, and Lee Sin would all do good against Rengar as well. Riven as well, I believe.

If you just want a strong top lane champ, I would go Riven. Its very hard to shut down a good Riven and she has no hard counters.

FoFD Demetrius

09-29-2012

i dont know about rengar but when faceing aginst kha'zix i found that if you ward the brush and dont fight him without atleast some minions around to avoid takeing extra damage from his q he's relitive easy to counter.

Barso55

03-30-2013

necro but lee sin doesnt seem to work well against either of them. they outburst him