Would Dominion be better if champion kills did not award gold?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
so you lose 40g , woopda doo , kill 2 minions on the way to another tower and you make about 60 gold.
you cant sowball off gold in dominion , hence the big comback ratio's
i still dont see how it would gimp jayce/ez less than any other range carries everyone needs gold to buy that gear , your saying those 2 champions wont be hurt by removing gold on kills while the rest all is .. i know for a fact that jayce with out hisgears is just a long range tickle machine
It would gimp Jayce and Ezreal less because they synergize a bit better with cheap items than other AD carries, while Ezreal is slippery and Jayce can play Bruiser sometimes.

But that isn't even the point. Stop thinking that's the important point. The important point here is that AD carries need money, and the only place to get that is killing stuff. Farming is too unreliable as you are visible doing it and unsafe, and there isn't even time to farm up if you're losing.

Reikken

09-30-2012

nah, I don't think it would be any better
but it would be really weird

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

If it was removed from champion kills, it would need to be removed from tower caps and minion kills as well: so that everyone has the same gold, barring gp/5.

The current system lets every role acquire some extra gold- it wouldn't be fair to the less pushing inclined to remove their champ kills gold and leave the rest in.

I think that not having to worry about getting gold is a key part of Dominion, and removing champ kill gold while leaving the rest in would bring the mentality that players have to push or get outclassed.

If all extra gold income aside gp/5 was removed, the passive gold regen rate would probably need to be increased.