Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would Dominion be better if champion kills did not award gold?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-29-2012

I don't think it's bad that kills give gold, but I wonder if Dominion would be marginally better if only minions and tower caps gave gold.

Risemix

09-29-2012

Downvotes coming from every sector, but honestly killing an enemy player would still be really bad for them because they'd be out a lot of farm.

It would also stop the game from snowballing out of control like it does now.

Orphane

09-29-2012

Dominion doesn't snowball unless you insist on running into fights you can't win.

Risemix

09-29-2012

ah I replied to this thinkign it was in GD. My mistake.

Rikukun

09-29-2012

no, it would be worse. It would make comebacks even easier, and let's face it, if you dominate for the first half of the game, you don't want something like lack of getting the gold you deserved to help the other team just bounce back like it was nothing.

MyDeadGrandma

09-29-2012

The advantage in early kills in dominion is the xp gain, not gold difference, especially when you're about to hit level 6 and the windmill has the potential to swap teams after the first cap. This would also destroy the viability of any non Jacyce/Ezreal ranged ad top.

Catnium

09-29-2012

how would it destroy viability of any non Jacyce/Ezreal ranged ad top?

im keen on hearing the thoughts behind this somewat random statement

MyDeadGrandma

09-29-2012

Ranged carries are hurt by reduced income more than anyone else.

Duh.

Catnium

09-29-2012

so you lose 40g , woopda doo , kill 2 minions on the way to another tower and you make about 60 gold.
you cant sowball off gold in dominion , hence the big comback ratio's
i still dont see how it would gimp jayce/ez less than any other range carries everyone needs gold to buy that gear , your saying those 2 champions wont be hurt by removing gold on kills while the rest all is .. i know for a fact that jayce with out hisgears is just a long range tickle machine

Redeemed In Fire

09-30-2012

Quote:
Rikukun:
no, it would be worse. It would make comebacks even easier, and let's face it, if you dominate for the first half of the game, you don't want something like lack of getting the gold you deserved to help the other team just bounce back like it was nothing.

If you're playing to faceroll n00bz in the first half of the game then coast to an easy victory, then you're not in the right game mode.