Diana or Kha'Zix

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

16 charactersftw

Junior Member

09-29-2012

Hi guys, I was wondering which of the 2 champs would be more of an ideal pick. I don't normally bot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Kha'Zix. Diana is mostly a bot lane champ, she is mediocre top (unless you are very focused on your farming minions at every opportunity.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Kha'Zix. Diana is mostly a bot lane champ, she is mediocre top (unless you are very focused on your farming minions at every opportunity.)
That is completely not true, Diana does very well top as well as bot. Kha'Zix also does well bot, as I played bot one game and absolutely dominated my opponent as him.

Anyway, it's all up to personal preference. I honestly kinda prefer Kha'Zix's style because he's similar to Katarina, my best/favorite champion, in that he likes to be really sneaky, waiting for the right moment to strike and then comes in and decimates his opponents.

Diana is more of a tankier assassin that relies more on execution rather than timing imo. You are punished if you miss your Q pretty severely imo, but she is more straightforward in how to engage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Personal preference. Both of them are good, but their strengths/weaknesses are based on your playstyle.

For a bot champion though I'd actually tell you to take Diana though. She has more defensive capabilities than KZ, KZ's strong but a well-timed stun can shut you down pretty hard, and you're particularly squishy unless you build tanky or evolve R first (which isn't a good idea).

If you don't normally bot, but would like to have a champ that may be able to switch more into bot if you need to (i.e. other bot champ is now getting stomped), take Diana. If ganking bot is more of your playstyle, go with KZ.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Kha'zixstan has a quite entertaining skill set with the way you can kinda custem him by evolving ( you get 4 skills but can only evolve 3 ) so he can be slighty diferant everytime you play him

diana is a awesome bruiser and as we all know bruisers do very well in dominion

so its kinda a matter of wat do you want a champion with a unique skill evolve system or a champion thats kinda like mordekeizer on steriods


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

16 charactersftw

Junior Member

09-29-2012

Ah I see. Thank you for the answers everyone! I will try kha'zix a bit more first then if I don't like I can refund it fr Diana.
Again Ty


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
That is completely not true, Diana does very well top as well as bot. Kha'Zix also does well bot, as I played bot one game and absolutely dominated my opponent as him.
I have yet to see one of those mythical "does very well top" Dianas. She lacks a disengage, so she has to go all in or bust. Her damage is very even/combo oriented, which means CC screws her far harder than most bruisers/assassins. You must use her gap closer on a Q'd target or your risk losing large chunk of your DPS for that fight - which makes it very difficult for her to actually chase squishies relative to other assassins. You absolutely must build even more defensively top than bot lane because of her lack of proper burst/disengage, which lowers her damage output even more.

So she is becomes an AP flavored bruiser. Meh. Mediocrity defined. Will work, but will not stand out on the level of other bruisers/assassins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
I have yet to see one of those mythical "does very well top" Dianas. She lacks a disengage, so she has to go all in or bust. Her damage is very even/combo oriented, which means CC screws her far harder than most bruisers/assassins. You must use her gap closer on a Q'd target or your risk losing large chunk of your DPS for that fight - which makes it very difficult for her to actually chase squishies relative to other assassins. You absolutely must build even more defensively top than bot lane because of her lack of proper burst/disengage, which lowers her damage output even more.

So she is becomes an AP flavored bruiser. Meh. Mediocrity defined. Will work, but will not stand out on the level of other bruisers/assassins.
I've done it a number of times. But a lot of champs that are great in Dominion lack disengagement, see:

1) Pantheon
2) Xin'Zhao
3) Kha'Zix (unless he can land a kill and has evolved wings)
4) Darius
5) Garen
6) Irelia
7) Olaf
8) Nocturne


A lot of champions go balls in and have no real way of getting out besides, "Oh ****, I'm going to die. Just gotta turn around and run! D: "

Other bursters like Talon also have to blow their ults for any hope of escape, and Talon's ult is a lot more wasted in that scenario than Diana's. I also have had very little trouble rushing for Dcap first as Diana and doing fine top, in some cases doing really well.

I don't main Diana so I'm not going to claim that she is an AMAZING top, but saying that she isn't a good top is a bit of a fallacy considering that she has a good kit for it. She's just as scary top as she is bot really.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

09-30-2012

1) Pantheon is an early game god and has a teleport.
2) He makes Diana's damage look bad.
3) See 2.
4) Build full tank and still outdamages Diana.
5) Outdamages AND outtanks Diana for most of the game.
6) Alright.
7) Olaf doesn't disengage, you disengage from Olaf.
8) Alright, but I'd argue his ultimate adds more to his role of hunting down squishies than the entire Diana kit.

Her kit is alright for top, but that kit is known as Lee Sin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

09-30-2012

^ tryhard


12