[Program] Automatic Custom Skin Installer by Tsou

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsou

09-24-2010

Note by Riot: We make no guarantees that this software is not malicious, use it at your own risk. - Pendragon

I've been supporting this tool for a few months now over at LeagueCraft and thought it was about time I posted it here as well. The program has been downloaded over 3,000 times by members over there with a lot of positive feedback. The tool is intended for people who want to install custom skin content but aren't too computer savvy or don't want to mess around in their game folder without really knowing what they are doing. However, people of all levels of comfort and familiarity on the subject will find the program convenient and easy to use. In fact, the program even has a portion that is intended to be used by skin creators to package their skins for download (it checks that files are named correctly, creates a .txt file with installation instructions, and packages them in a .zip file).

So what is it?
Skin Installer in an easy-to-use program with a simple user interface designed to assist in the installation of custom skin models, textures, and other content for League of Legends. If you are unfamiliar with custom skins then I suggest you search for more information on the subject prior to using the program. However, if you are familiar with custom skins then you are probably aware that the process of installing these files can often be tedious and confusing. On top of that if you don't really know what you're doing pillaging through your game directory looking for the correct files to replace, figuring out file names, or directory locations can be very difficult. Skin Installer was designed to automate the process of installing custom skins and provides a level of comfort and security knowing that only the correct files will be modified, the files will be placed in the correct locations, and the files will also have the correct file names. On top of that, Skin Installer was designed to install practically any skin quickly and easily and provides three methods of installation depending on how the skin author package his or her files.

I attached a few pictures of the program below but the program itself was too large to attach so you'll need to follow the link below to download it. LeagueCraft is the only place I've uploaded the program and I'll always keep my post there up to date with the latest version (you need to be a member of the forums to download it, a lot of people probably already are members and those that aren't should really check out the site anyways, it has a lot of great content). Additionally if you follow the link you'll find some more information on the program as well as a few crappy tutorial videos I made to demonstrate the programs use and functionality. Hopefully you'll find the program helpful and if you have any comments or feedback I'd love to hear them.

Get it here: http://forum.leaguecraft.com/showthread.php?tid=5826

-Tsou

Dirty

09-24-2010

This is exactly what I am looking for. Now I am no computer idiot but I do know that I don't know enough abuot directories to go fuddling around and not mess anything up. This program allows me to install the custom skins that I have been wanting to use without F'ing up my LoL. Thank you tsou.

Joe Condor

09-24-2010

A couple of things. Dirty sounds like an Alt account that you pretty much created his reaction... and it came out like a commercial product actor. And I'm sure your product is good and all, but did we REALLY need your -Tsou signature to tell who you are?

threelite

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Now I am no computer idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
I don't know enough abuot directories to go fuddling around and not mess anything up.
OBJECTION!

*points finger*

Mojobechi

09-24-2010

I've looked up some of the custom skins made, some amazing work out there. I fount this post; http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=25226 and others floating around if you just google.

Which brings up a point, if skins are so easily made why does riot charge so much. Seriously, I'd be pop'n out new skins, color alterations and everything and sell them a lot cheaper. Quantity, quantity, quantity... if they was cheaper ppl would be buying more and feel a lot more personal with their characters.

**Granted some of the skins/model/voice over changes should still be a little pricey but simple color and detail changes, pft, give us a **** ton and sell them at a cheap price!

Tsou

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakodar View Post
A couple of things. Dirty sounds like an Alt account that you pretty much created his reaction... and it came out like a commercial product actor. And I'm sure your product is good and all, but did we REALLY need your -Tsou signature to tell who you are?
If you look at League Craft I have had many replies similar to Dirty's. This is a unique program and offers people who may have wanted to install custom skins but were too weary of doing so an easy-to-use solution. I've put a fair amount of time and effort into creating this and making it as user-friendly as possible and some people appreciate that I have no reason to talk anyone into using this program. It is completely free and hosted at a website I have no affiliation with. I put the time and effort into creating this purely because I enjoy programming and the opportunity to create a practical application that others will use is something that rarely comes up. I originally released this program back in June and the positive feedback I have gotten from people over the past few months has encouraged me to continue working on it and keeping it up to date.

Dirty - Thanks for the kind words and I'm happy to help. If you run into any problems please feel free to contact me over at League Craft via PM.

Mojobechi - Yes, there are some really amazing skins out there. To my knowledge most of the skinners use League Craft to post their work since it has a nice skin database on the site, as well as a skins forum, which is a lot easier to look through than Google

Tsou

10-05-2010

Hey folks, just wanted to stop by and bump this thread again. I released a new version today which is updated with the latest champions and skins.

I also noticed Riot put a message in my original post so I have added Virus Total scan results to my post on LeagueCraft for those concerned. However, you should never trust the scan results of the person giving you the file so I encourage everyone to scan the files for themselves. Additionally, my LeagueCraft post was created back in June and the program has had nearly 3,800 downloads with absolutely no complaints what-so-ever from users.

If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to PM me on LeagueCraft.

iHateDisGame

10-05-2010

Now you just need an auto custom skin installer installer, so I can install your software automatically.

A wild Minachu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-02-2011

I like YOUR Skin installer NOT this one- because the old skin installer made it easy to pick an individual skin(If you purchased more than one from riot) and skin over those too.

I dont know how to do that at all manually. Where as simple skinning is fairly easy to go over the default skins. Where is the link to the old one .. it should be posted if we dont like this new link to this ultimate no so ultra ultimate skin installer that does what everyone elses does.

What made yours unique was that feature.

Please relink it!

Commander Yordle

01-02-2011

So its hard to make a new folder named "Characters" and then another one for the champ you want the skin for? There is a guide on how to install custom skins on the forums, and following it takes less time than messing with your installer.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=77729