Teemo Pointless?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vienna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

AD Teemo is a terrible idea. You get out dpsed and out ranged by Trist/Kog, out pushed by Sivir, and do less AOE than Corki. There's never a reason to play AD, because he's just outclassed.

This is why AP Teemo is superior. He fills a different niche and does a **** good job at it.

kuroyuki

09-24-2010

I found AP teemo is useless past 20 mins, and AD teemo isnt actually a good choice for a ranged dps.
However, on Twisted Treeline, it seems that hes quite good, since map are much smaller ,easier ganks for him, higher chances for ppl to step on your shrooms, and shrooms=freee wards are much more effective on TT.
On top of that, TT match are short and dps doesnt actually have the time to farm safely.
Can we say AP teemo is one of the extremely good champs in TT besides Udyr, Mundo and Mordekaiser?

Unr3alAnGeR

09-24-2010

I don't play much TT but I wouldn't call Teemo a top tier champ there. Definitely a lot more viable than on SR (shorter games, mobility/vision is even more important etc.)

zubey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Hybrid Teemo on TT definitely works in low-mid Elo.

DickJohnson

09-24-2010

dude, Teemo is not bad, he has his own utilities that other chars dont and does ....ok DPS....yes hes outclass in aspects by kog/trist etc, but obviously all chars are different so dont compare teemos bad sides to other chars good sides. its just stupid

BrioCloud

09-24-2010

You would learn a lot more about the game playing Teemo, then you would with any other carries. Granted you actually master techniques and strategies with him.

GothamKnight

09-24-2010

play what you like, but also don't be afraid from trying other ranged carries, or other characters for that matter, it does help you improve as a player when you see how other characters work

also, teemo is supposed to be in for a rework to find a better niche, so eventually the scout should be more viable, but tbh, hes still viable in normal games, because you can't meta game as efficiently when hero picks tend to be more varied for non optimal reasons

Letkhar

09-24-2010

Yeah, Teemo's horrible.

You might like Nidalee...I dunno...

Kask

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefDrejer View Post
Hi all,

I've been playing this game for a few weeks now, I've had a bit of trouble finding a champ that works for me. Call me picky, but most of the free ones have no appeal to me. Then there's teemo. ^^

Now I play AD teemo, and mostly during the laning phase I feel like other champs can just scare me off with more burst than I can ever do with my darts. I feel like I can play another free champion and do so much more damage instantly. Vladimir stacking armor and health does more burst than me and pushes me to my tower.

So anyway, I really like teemo but everyone says he's a waste and I start to feel it myself in every game. Should I just give up on teemo, is he getting reworked any time soon? I feel like I'm bringing myself unnecessary pain by trying to main him and struggling so much just to compete.

AD Teemo is hard to play given the lack of range.

AP Teemo is a little more hit and run. Run in, hit with an auto attack and blinding dart, and retreat. Generally if you can have enough well placed bombs around the area, you can be an amazing support champion. I'm often caused enemy teams to give up pushing lanes because the sheer number of bombs I can place. I've aced teams AFTER my team has already been aced with well placed bombs. Eventually they give up pushing.

Oracles and wards suck, but you can still bomb up the bushes, and bomb near turrets to keep them from pushing lanes.

The trick is to plan ahead. Think about where your team fights the enemy a lot, and bomb all nearby escape routes. Bomb the corners of everything that has a corner, players always try to cut corners so they can move faster, use this to your advantage.

Eventually the enemy team will either spend all of their money on Oracles, or they will stop going into the jungle period. They will also stop gaining XP and gold.

I call this effect the Oppressive AP Teemo Regime.

Teemo can be very powerful in the hands of anyone who plays him as if he were a spider. The bombs are your web. Keep track of bombs that dissapear, replace them, kill anyone who falls in your trap.

Against tanks, that stack HP and magic resist, most AP carry's fall short. There isn't enough Magic Pen to make up for all of their magic resist + HP. But it hurts teemo the most because of his range. His bombs still slow them down though.

It's unfortunate that even as AP Teemo, a GA / Banshee's / Oracles will counter you, and anyone can pick those up. You can still slow the enemy down, and blind melee champions and keep them from killing the more effective carries.

If you play as Spider Teemo, you'll always have tons of assists, and you'll probably have a bunch of kills by the time the enemy team figures out you're a threat the game can often be already over.

Generally you want to play mid if you can. The level advantage really helps AP Teemo. You have to be smart and aggressive in mid. Take it easy at level 1, just kill minions, you are really squishy so don't let them kill you at level 1 or it's over. Once you hit 2 you get a ton more hp, get blinding dart, and use it to harass them frequently. Eventually they're going to make their move. If blinding dart is up, and you have enough HP, you can generally cause enough damage to kill them between Blinding Dart, Poison, Ignite, and your auto attacks. They often never realize how screwed they are until they start to run. They might get away, but they won't be doing that again. Pill get your HP back, TP back, and you'll probably find them pinned to their turret. Just kill their minions safely from outside the enemy range Let your minions widdle away at the enemy turret. They won't be getting much gold because the turret will kill most of the minions, and you will get lots of gold. Plant bombs at the edges of the dividers on each side of mid. That should be 4 bombs total, then put 2 in each bush on the sides so nobody can sneak up on you. Then put 1 in front of your turret in case you have to pill, so the minions can't hit your turret. Never over extend by the turret. EVER. Teemo can't tank turrets. Once you lose your speed buff, you're dead meat.

Learn to read players movements. Some players will move forward a little right before attacking. Some always move to the right, or left. Some only move when they intend to attack. Other players are doing the same thing.. they watch what directions you always retreat in, so keep it random. Sometimes go up, sometimes go back ect ect. Never stop moving. Attack minions right next to the enemy champion frequently, so when you do attack the player they don't always expect it since you've trained them that you aren't going to attack them when you run in aggressively.

Eventually he'll over extend, or you'll outlevel him. Use the bombs you placed earlier incase they chase you. If they chase you, and hit a bomb, drill them. Another great tactic, is to run away to a bush, and stop in a bush, wait there for them to hit the bomb, and then go nuts while they can't see you as the fog of war changes when they move into the bush.

Your moves alone aren't enough to kill unless you have a huge level / item advantage. You need your enemy to hit your bombs. Train them that following you is the worst idea on the planet. You are pretty much guarentee'd to get 3-4 kills before they realize you're smarter and more dangerous than they are. This is when they either break out the wards/oracles, or stop pushing/chasing. Either way it's good. They aren't buying DPS items, and they'll never be able to kill all of your bombs if you place them well. (Bushes / edge of fog of war)

Once the laning period is over, it's your job to bomb the hell out of every entrance to the jungle, and every bush you can. Make no place safe. Bombs are great wards. Put one at Baron, one at dragon, one at golem and lizard. Every time your bomb cooldown is up, drop a bomb at the nearest corner / bush. Eventually the enemy will bottle up and turtle their base. This is fine, they can't be everywhere at once, finish all outside turrets while your team pushes another area. Once all outside turrets are dead, use the same tactic on inside turrets. Never over extend, be carefull when all are MIA, and always make sure you bomb the lane you're in, both behind and in front of where you are, incase they try to flank you, you already have a headstart on them, and they're slow. Also always make sure you have a planned escape path or two, and litter it with bombs, so they know not to follow you ever. Team fights are hard on AP Teemo. Never run in first, Never initiate. Let your bombs or the tank initiate. Try to flank the enemy, from an entrance to the jungle you have heavily bombed. Jump out, and smack the squishies with a blinding dart and a poison dart then run back into the jungle. Constantly harass like that. They might chase you cause you're alone, they won't make that mistake twice. I've scored a 2v5 pentakill by letting the enemy chase me into my den. Tell your team to use your bombs.. once they see how devastating your bombs are, and how useful they can be for escaping / chasing, they will want to fight in your web of bombs. So make sure you keep some bombs near where they are pushing, so they don't have to retreat far.

Even if you lose, Getting enemies to run through enormous minefields is always hilarious. Your team will think you're awesome for killing players with bombs.

And making the enemy team rage over constantly hitting bombs is ALWAYS rewarding.

It takes practice, but you can do it.

KaXaSA

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Shurelia is working on some internal Teemo <3. It didn't take Strut to make Teemo worthless, he was doing that just fine on his own :P
Morello = Lead Champion Designer

/discuss