[PSA] Stop the abuse of "OP"!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rajik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Almost every competitive player I've spoken to or read posts from agree that those champions are top tier, which is better than most other champions. You don't become a competitive player by refusing to adapt. When the best counter to something is still a very uphill battle, that thing is probably OP.
Again, top tier != OP. It just means they are very strong. Tier 2 characters can be equally strong, or stronger, depending on team composition. It is entirely situational. None of these characters, though, are straight up OP broken despite being labeled as such continuously.

GeminiTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajik View Post
Again, top tier != OP. It just means they are very strong. Tier 2 characters can be equally strong, or stronger, depending on team composition. It is entirely situational. None of these characters, though, are straight up OP broken despite being labeled as such continuously.
You're stating your opinion as fact. Balance is as much one's point of view as it is fact. Some people might consider top tier, a vauge, opinion-based list already, to be too powerful, some may not.

7upisgood

09-24-2010

Yeah I believe you are the original poster so you sir are OP.

EunYoung

09-24-2010

bumpppppppppp

Rajik

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiTroll View Post
You're stating your opinion as fact. Balance is as much one's point of view as it is fact. Some people might consider top tier, a vauge, opinion-based list already, to be too powerful, some may not.
True enough, but I think we can both agree the term is thrown around way too loosely.