[PSA] Stop the abuse of "OP"!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rajik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

To anyone and everyone out there, please stop labeling everything as OP! Learn to play the game, and learn there is a difference between "powerful" and "overpowered".

Annie? Not OP. Amumu? Not OP. Garen? Not OP. Are they all "powerful"? Yes of course! Are they pre-remake TF gate then gold card stun to the face "OP"? No. So please top abusing the term.

It's a problem when the phrase "OP" shows up in 38 thousand thread titles alone. That is all.

batttttttttttttt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

I believe you're infact OP.

Ozy

09-24-2010

PO.

Rajik

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by batttttttttttttt View Post
I believe you're infact OP.
I hope not, then I would get one-shot by the nerfbatttttttttttttt...hmm...

I just love how a "Sivir OP?" thread is the third hit on Google and it was last posted in 17 hours ago. Really?!

Reiver

09-24-2010

I was duo queueing with a guy who used to play on EU but come over to USA to play so he was just starting, and the people we got paired with were so bad. I had people raging about how twisted fate and master yi were the most OP chars in the game...

I asked the guy raging about yi if he had ever considered exhaust or stun, and he raged about how he has no stun since he was playing MF. At which point I was highly amused that super speed MF was having trouble with yi >.>

Rajik

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by H911Reiver View Post
I was duo queueing with a guy who used to play on EU but come over to USA to play so he was just starting, and the people we got paired with were so bad. I had people raging about how twisted fate and master yi were the most OP chars in the game...

I asked the guy raging about yi if he had ever considered exhaust or stun, and he raged about how he has no stun since he was playing MF. At which point I was highly amused that super speed MF was having trouble with yi >.>
But Highlander Man, it's so OP!!11! /facepalm

Rajik

09-24-2010

Bump.

JunkRamen

09-24-2010

"Stronger than 90% of other champs" is OP, regardless of whether or not today's top tier is as OP as old TF.

BlueSquared

09-24-2010

We need to differentiate between IMBA and OP....that would solve a lot.

Rajik

09-24-2010

Stronger than 90% of other champs is too situational. You could have a nearly perfect balance of all champions, and some would still be 90% stronger than other champs even if it is by the tiniest of margins.