Kha'zix: Top, Mid or jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumiera

09-28-2012

He's great mid too, his only downside is that he doesn't have a silence.

Putzfrau

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJoze View Post
I remember release Skarner was better at top than jungle and riot modified him so that he'd be better in the jungle so i really hope this doesn't repeat.
release skarner was bad at everything

Neuthung

09-28-2012

I feel like he could do decent mid, just jump on em and do your thing. Mid lets him roam too.

Rajneeshius

09-28-2012

Kha'zix looks to be very versatile in that he can pretty much go in all three positions (top/mid/jungle) with little build deviation (except maybe a rushed hexdrinker in mid lane), and he excels in solo lanes because of how his Q works. Might be a decent counterjungler in that he can just go find the enemy jungler and kill them with his high damage early game, but really needs to get ahead of gold to start becoming a "must kill" threat.

LunarNall

09-29-2012

I'm gonna try him mid sometime when my friends get online, since I would probably get reported for trolling otherwise. I still think he's best top though

Rismart

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
People didn't liked Rengar jungle either.
The thing is, Khazix can jungle. His CC is poor (35% slow for 2 seconds wut is that), but his damage is high, so you just have to pair him with strong CC laners. Besides, you can always carry Exhaust to help you with the CC.
Besides I already have a flipton of top laners, and there is always some kid instalocking Darius top every game anyway. So Im playing him jungler.

I agree, not every jungler has a strong CC at hand (Shyv has none for example) and the fact you can build Frozen Mallet/Trinity force or take Exhaust is enough cc to get the kill in a gank or make the enemy retreat back to base.

I saw that Kha'Zix can deal loads of damage if it is used right, his Ganks pre 6 are plain bad (hi ww) post 6 he really starts to shine so I see him viable at jungle.

Riot should just buff his spikes damage and heal early game and he will turn from fine jungler to an exellent one

Anduraga

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rismart View Post
I agree, not every jungler has a strong CC at hand (Shyv has none for example) and the fact you can build Frozen Mallet/Trinity force or take Exhaust is enough cc to get the kill in a gank or make the enemy retreat back to base.

I saw that Kha'Zix can deal loads of damage if it is used right, his Ganks pre 6 are plain bad (hi ww) post 6 he really starts to shine so I see him viable at jungle.

Riot should just buff his spikes damage and heal early game and he will turn from fine jungler to an excellent one
I wouldn't build Frozen mallet or Trinity for the CC. Note that I said for the CC. The tankiness from the Mallet and the extra burst from Sheen/Trinity can be nice. This is what his ultimate is used for. Jump in, attack once enemy slowed for two seconds, ult after 2s, attack again, ult again after 2s, attack again, ult again after 2s if evolved, attack again. You've kept them slowed for 8s and proc'ed your passive 4 times. If you can't kill someone by then.... some assassin you are lol.

Some improvements I would like to see on Kha'zix would be to help his jungle out a bit. Without boots, he can barely get a decent gank out pre-level 6, and with boots, he has some major issues with sustain in the jungle early game, so here are my thoughts (mostly QoL changes):

Q: Taste their Fear

- The base damage on his Q should proc lifesteal at the very least. As he is currently built, he doesn't build tanky at all. The extra HP from lifesteal will help sustain him in a fight. I can live without it though. Its not that big of a deal, just a minor nuance. A nice to have.

W: Void Spike

- The heal is garbage in the jungle early game. This is my biggest gripe with Kha'zix in the jungle. Without a hard leash on blue, he'll blow most of his potions before reaching level 2 assuming he gets boots first (you know, to help his ganks out a bit). If you recommend boots in your video, you should at least make it viable. As it currently stands, he's left with no potions and very little HP after red buff. And he'll have to make routine stops to the fountain until he can afford Vampiric Sceptre. Increase the base heal or change how it scales (rather than give players the idea that AP Kha'zix is remotely useful).
- Using your W cancels auto attacks, and if you're not paying attention, you'll soon find yourself sitting there taking jungle minion blows to the face. Just a minor nuance.

E: Leap

Good ability, not much to say here.

R: Void Assault

- The brief cooldown between Void Assaults should be reduced to 1s, so that if Kha'zix wants to use his ultimate to escape (like Rengar always does), he can. It simply opens up options for him if he chose not to evolve his Leap first.
- The evolved part of this seems to have an extra effect tacked on to it. 40% less damage while stealthed? He stays stealthed for 1s, 3s tops (if that, sometimes it feels a bit short, but could be time deception), and since the cooldown between Void Assaults is unnecessarily large, making good use of this can be quite difficult in team fights. You're not going to be receiving much damage during it unless you ult just before Karthus or Vlad's ult hits you or if someone has an oracles. It can be really difficult to make use of the second part of this evolution. You could tower dive someone and use your ult just before the tower hits you to reduce the damage, but Evolved Leap is more effective for this scenario.

SupThisGameSucks

03-30-2013

meh khazix jungle kinda..... SUCKS DICCK. ya want a real jungler? NOCTURNE. and btw khazix is pretty good mid actually, but only once he evolves wings and/or spikes. sometimes me and my friend will go khazix solo top and ryze mid and switch midgame lol it completely throws people off bcuz they build mr for ryze and armor for kha. with some armor pen, have fun dealiong true damage for a nice 5 mins before they ruch wardens mail or somethin LOL

SupThisGameSucks

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduraga View Post
I wouldn't build Frozen mallet or Trinity for the CC. Note that I said for the CC. The tankiness from the Mallet and the extra burst from Sheen/Trinity can be nice. This is what his ultimate is used for. Jump in, attack once enemy slowed for two seconds, ult after 2s, attack again, ult again after 2s, attack again, ult again after 2s if evolved, attack again. You've kept them slowed for 8s and proc'ed your passive 4 times. If you can't kill someone by then.... some assassin you are lol.

Some improvements I would like to see on Kha'zix would be to help his jungle out a bit. Without boots, he can barely get a decent gank out pre-level 6, and with boots, he has some major issues with sustain in the jungle early game, so here are my thoughts (mostly QoL changes):

Q: Taste their Fear

- The base damage on his Q should proc lifesteal at the very least. As he is currently built, he doesn't build tanky at all. The extra HP from lifesteal will help sustain him in a fight. I can live without it though. Its not that big of a deal, just a minor nuance. A nice to have.

W: Void Spike

- The heal is garbage in the jungle early game. This is my biggest gripe with Kha'zix in the jungle. Without a hard leash on blue, he'll blow most of his potions before reaching level 2 assuming he gets boots first (you know, to help his ganks out a bit). If you recommend boots in your video, you should at least make it viable. As it currently stands, he's left with no potions and very little HP after red buff. And he'll have to make routine stops to the fountain until he can afford Vampiric Sceptre. Increase the base heal or change how it scales (rather than give players the idea that AP Kha'zix is remotely useful).
- Using your W cancels auto attacks, and if you're not paying attention, you'll soon find yourself sitting there taking jungle minion blows to the face. Just a minor nuance.

E: Leap

Good ability, not much to say here.

R: Void Assault

- The brief cooldown between Void Assaults should be reduced to 1s, so that if Kha'zix wants to use his ultimate to escape (like Rengar always does), he can. It simply opens up options for him if he chose not to evolve his Leap first.
- The evolved part of this seems to have an extra effect tacked on to it. 40% less damage while stealthed? He stays stealthed for 1s, 3s tops (if that, sometimes it feels a bit short, but could be time deception), and since the cooldown between Void Assaults is unnecessarily large, making good use of this can be quite difficult in team fights. You're not going to be receiving much damage during it unless you ult just before Karthus or Vlad's ult hits you or if someone has an oracles. It can be really difficult to make use of the second part of this evolution. You could tower dive someone and use your ult just before the tower hits you to reduce the damage, but Evolved Leap is more effective for this scenario.
Perhaps his ult could be used against lux ult, nidalee spear, and teemo mushrooms (especially ap)

Riaklos

03-30-2013

Kha'zix jungle is weak, you're better off playing him top/mid. He can kill squishy mids really easily, and I've beaten some darius' and renektons top. So, top and mid.