Morello says...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panwar

09-28-2012

Xypherous implied in one of his posts that in Season 3 they are thinking about changing the order of operations with regards to percentile armor pen and flat armor pen.

I guess after some investigation they ran into problems creating AD caster items that didn't actually benefit the auto-attackers more than the AD casters. The example given was basically anything that helped Renekton or Pantheon(like a spell-vamp AD item) was actually even better on say Udyr, or Tristana.

But what they came up with was that above all else AD casters wanted armor pen. So I think the idea is for season 3 is to have flat armor pen apply after percent armor pen.

Ahh here is the thread. Prolly better to just go read what Xyph says:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...39875#28039875

FDru

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
But AD Caster items improved in Season 2, with the addition of another manaless CDR item and the build path buff on Hexdrinker.
I hope you didn't just call Zeke's an AD caster item.

Orphane

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I hope you didn't just call Zeke's an AD caster item.
She was clearly talking about Hextech Sweeper

Kwynt

09-29-2012

This might be a crazy idea, but how about we give AD Casters a whole new stat? Time to introduce something else that isn't AD or AP? :P

MMKH

09-29-2012

I want to see a HP/crit/AS item so I could troll around with Tankamere. Ionic Spark is not the kind of item I was looking for.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I'd love something AD/Lifesteal. LOVE.
Stack prospectors blade?

i'd like Spellvamp+Arpen myself, No ad, just those two stats so that not everyone and their mother built it.

Risemix

09-29-2012

Spell Vamp+ArPen+CDR would probably be the way to go. Maybe with the token amount of AD on Brutalizer.
+X AD
+X% spell vamp (10-15%)
+X% CDR (15-20%)
+X arpen

Like, an AD caster could easily build

Ionian Boots
New Spell Vamp Item
Bloodthirster/Senguine
Maw of Malmortius
Last Whisper
Defensive item of choice

Which would be a complete 6-item build that makes total sense.

Reikken

09-29-2012

Xypherous's posts are always amazing

And no, AD casters do not need spell vamp at all. Pantheon healing for 150 when he uses HSS on 3 guys (or less than 100 if he uses it on 1) isn't going to keep him from promptly exploding. You'd just end up making Lee Sin even stronger than he already is instead. Xyph covered this pretty well in his other posts in that topic.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

so lee sin needs nerfs .. wat els is new
isnt going to be the first time they change a champion to facilitate other game changes that would make that champion op

look at udyr

i personally wont mind spellvamp for ad casters to provide some susstain because as it is ap casters get sustain and an item that scales ap into end game ADC get their scaling in end game from stacking critt to provide damage increase and benefit alot from life steal AD casters have non of those could atleast get 1 imo

Panwar

09-29-2012

Well as Xypherous pointed out. Most AD casters are very burst mage like. Spell Vamp won't help them much in the same way as you don't buy WoTA on Veigar.

The only AD caster that would greatly benefit from SV is Urgot. And if you think it's a good idea to give Urgot a great SV item...

No, just no.