Items on Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NewRelicspet

09-27-2012

So... Lately I've been improving my Mundo, and I'm just wondering what items would be really good for him, inspire me!
And I mean a serious build, not just stacking warmogs, sunfire cape and FoN, but and actual build.

These three items I almost always get:
Sorc shoes
Spirit visage
Sunfirecape

But the last 3 spots I am in doubt with. Oftenly I add FoN, because of the MS and good regen stack with Spirit Visage. I've also had great experience with Maw (if they are AP heavy), and also Atmas is a great item. Mostly I have a hard time finding room for my Warmogs, so should it even be in there?
Anyway, inspire and/or educate me plox.

Lord Ryushishin

09-27-2012

Mercury Treads/Ninja Tabi
Randium
Force of Nature
Warmog
Defensive Item
Defensive Item

Just build super Tanky. Mundo does great damage even if you are all Tank. But build accordingly to enemy team comp. No AP or AP is sucking? Skip out on the FoN etc.

NewRelicspet

09-27-2012

Problem with that Mundo build is, that you do not deal great damage or provide good cc for the team.
Sure, early and a bit of midgame that might do ok, but when it comes past that, they will just ignore you, if they got a brain.

I'm looking for a serious build which can be used in ranked etc.

And the reason I went magic pen shoes is because of my magic pen mastery and runes, makes me deal great damage early, mid and decent damage late.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

check out solomid. Rincent did a good jungle guide for him.

I personally start with cloth+5 with 3 MS quints to jungle, upgrade to ninja tabi, then get ruby crystal/regrowth or a giants belt to rush the warmog. Early on with maxed Burning Agony and 1 cleaver level you can really use your high health to push people around. 95DPS is a ton early game and health stack early is your best effective health. Plus the regen of warmog ensures you have great sustain without needing wriggles or other lifesteal. ive tried just frozen mallet for health with SV or wahtever but the lack of early health regen really hurts. And warmog is so efficient.

But then instead of just stacking survival, you need OFFENSE so you can be a threat. Wits End is commonly used. Adds magic resist to complement your armor bring both to around 130ish (80+runes/mastery+ninja tabi). The AS with your steroid and its onhit increase autoattack and jungle clear vs big mobs significantly.

I'd consider that the core. tabi (for cheapest fastest boots and cloth usage), warmog, wits end.
I then work on a Triforce. Ive got the health from warmog and frozne mallet is so inefficeint. Triforce adds the movespeed and semi-proc to stick to enemies, while proccing the big 170ish dmg proc very often with cleaver,steroid clicking.

You can then take stuff as needed.

NewRelicspet

09-27-2012

Yeah, been around solomid, there is some good jungle guides for him.

What marks do you use to jungle with him? AS?

But I'm more looking for a top guide for him, solomid pretty much made everything clear about the jungle.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRelicspet View Post
Yeah, been around solomid, there is some good jungle guides for him.

What marks do you use to jungle with him? AS?

But I'm more looking for a top guide for him, solomid pretty much made everything clear about the jungle.
if you want to solo top with mundo, abuse your regen. start boots and get warmogs asap.

boots Warmogs, visage, FoN, Randuin, atmas.

do not buy sorc shoes

NewRelicspet

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
if you want to solo top with mundo, abuse your regen. start boots and get warmogs asap.

boots Warmogs, visage, FoN, Randuin, atmas.

do not buy sorc shoes
Where do you get dmg from?

TehJackAttack

09-28-2012

Mundo (imo) is best build as an AD-bruiser style champion with a focus on tankiness.

Yes, his cleavers are freaking awesome. No, you should not depend on them for your damage all game.

The ad bonus from his E is very good, your cleavers should be used to slow the enemy and keep you on top of them with your ultimate's move speed bonus to mash them with your massive AD.

IMO, magic pen is a big trap on Mundo. The damage from your W aura is great early-mid game, but falls off HARD mid-late game. Cleavers are great all game, but I reccomend running AS reds and movespeed quints and avoid magic pen altogether.

Merc treads or Ninja Tabi, Warmogs, Spirit Visage, Aegis, Atma's Impaler. Finish up with a final defensive item (generally Sunfire or Banshee's, although QSS is sometimes the better option).

Try playing him as an AD bruiser and experience the majesty.

Valrcrist

09-28-2012

You want to build Mundo full tank, I honestly wouldn't build a single damage item on Mundo, because he doesn't need them.

95 AoE damage per second, along with a good poking tool that does a lot of damage, and most importantly, the biggest AD steroid in the game. For perspective, the BASE AD on that steroid is equivalent to a Bloodthirster, and the bonus goes up to almost twice that. All of Mundo's abilities are directed towards doing damage, so you want to make him as tanky as possible so that he can stay in the fight for as long as possible, and keep doing damage. Mundo can easily have 250+ attack damage without any offensive items whatsoever, so why do you need more?

The final build I would go on Mundo is something like:

Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads
Warmog's
Spirit Visage
Randuin's Omen
Force of Nature
Sunfire Cape

This gives incredible survivability through high hp/MR/armor, and surprisingly decent AoE damage just for standing in the middle of the fight. Keep in mind that sunfire cape + Mundo W is 135 AoE DPS, so (before MR) you'll have done as much damage as say, an Orianna ult, just for standing in the middle of the fight for 5 seconds. Mundo with his AD steroid can also do surprisingly high auto attack damage, and just in general be nearly impossible to kill, since this build would give you ~4500 hp and MR/armor both around 200, which, when combined with the fact that Mundo can ult and (with spirit visage), heal back over 3k life over 12 seconds. That means that the other team has to burn through close to 8k hp before actually killing you. Not to mention that that you'll be healing back 40 hp every second through FoN + passive + warmog's.

Wickian

09-28-2012

Spirit Visage has always seemed like a trap item on Mundo to me. It increases healing by 15%, so that's 15% of 60% of his health. At 4500 that's 15% of 2700 or an extra 405 hp.

That means any item which gives you more than 675hp would be better. 30 mr, 250 hp and 10%cd doesn't really seem worth it to me late game.