Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Comic LoLz Contest Winners are In

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerNeko

09-29-2012

Though the joke isn't really funny,I like the anivia comic artwork!

The Black Kníght

09-29-2012

boring comics, how were they selected? D:

tHeWh1Z

09-29-2012

Pulsefire teemo comic was way better than top 2.

Dafuq riot?

Ilikeomnoming

09-29-2012

Quote:
Smeagolz:
How did pulsefire teemo not get top 32?
It had to be funny and it had to include a buff in it.

Darklarik

09-29-2012

Quote:
MsPudding:
All 32 comics in the voting ARE winners. Every single one of them. They're getting awesome Razer gear, an official Facebook feature, and a spot in our hall of fame, along with some sweet RP. AND there's more winners, you just don't know about them yet, and neither do the artists

We truly appreciated the amazing efforts everyone put in, so we're even going to reward them for the time they spent on an entry, regardless of whether it was a winner.

i hope im a winner... it was my first piece of digital art and i spent so much time learning how to use photoshop just to see if i could have a chance. Im still very proud of my comic

NoobBits

09-29-2012

I didn't realize that this was a joke contest? I thought it was a COMIC contest.

Brand Comic is beautifully drawn with good use of perspective, colour dynamics and typography with a simple but effective story. There is very little wrong with it. There is also a excellent usage of panels, keeping brand on the left and anivia on the right - this also contributes to the colour dynamics. Quiet honestly I think this comic is brilliant.

Fiddle Comic, despite slicing two of its panels, it has a very witty story and punchline which is well drawn and easy to follow. Wizard of oz is probably before the time of 99% of forum trolls here anyway.

Note the minimal choice of having little or no dialogue or supporting text.

Pulsefire Teemo Comic, despite attention to detail and well drawn, the colours are very washed out and it is rather hard understanding what is in each panel. Several panels don't contribute to the story and the amount of text is overwhelming - with a poor choice of typography. Not only that, you've introduced characters or plot elements that don't contribute to the punchline - basically the entire story is contained within the last panel. Last of all, the requirement to have a "buff" is tacked in at the end.

Congrats for the grand finals. Sick n tired of reading 'stupid joke', boring comic, etc. There isn't much you can achieve within the set amount of panels. You're not going to be able to create a gripping story with plot twists and character development - and if you think you can, you're going to get another information overload like pulsefire teemo.

I think Caëlys - EUW's comic is noteworthy, check it out, 2 across, 5 down. Well drawn with a good use of colours, easy to follow and doesn't bombard the reader with text. Nicely done.

BrodyArancibia

09-29-2012

the awards are delayed about a month and then they choose all the unimaginative but well drawn comics as winners.... what a turn down

LUMBEE3D

09-29-2012

Quote:
vortical42:
I would love to see LoL on steam someday just for the TF2 skins...
Spy Shaco, Scout Teemo, Sniper Cait, Heavy Blitzcrank, Engineer Hiemer, Soldier Tristana,

Hehe this was exactly my sentiment when I created the comic Glad you like

HorribleJames

09-29-2012

Quote:
NoobBits:
I didn't realize that this was a joke contest? I thought it was a COMIC contest.

Brand Comic is beautifully drawn with good use of perspective, colour dynamics and typography with a simple but effective story. There is very little wrong with it. There is also a excellent usage of panels, keeping brand on the left and anivia on the right - this also contributes to the colour dynamics. Quiet honestly I think this comic is brilliant.

I didn't see anything special about the artwork, but, moreover, I just don't understand how a comic that has no story arc, nothing funny, witty, or even interesting to say -- I don't get how that wins.

Bruce Fowler

09-29-2012

Toto must be a tank.